1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor and Maschine

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Fernando Midi, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Fernando Midi

Fernando Midi New Member

Why Native Instruments does not create a perfect sync between Traktor and Maschine? Just like The Bridge ....

2. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

He he he, "perfect sync" - this is a OS issue...
    and it would be awesome to "capture" a whole group off maschine into a remix deck, but what do I know :D
    Maybe we need to be more patient for Traktor Pro 3....

3. Fernando Midi

Fernando Midi New Member

Capture loops of Maschine is not the idea .... The idea is to play live, not ready loops .... Insert instruments, which do not allow the Remix Decks. Or maybe the Native Create a "Maschine Deck" ... lol

4. Fernando Midi

Fernando Midi New Member

5. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

hehe, nice wordplay :D
    but who "plays"/creates live on stage tunes? you can prepare your instrument and then fire it up on stage - yes, but having something like the Maschine Deck would be awesome... or am i not "getting it"?

since I don't have neither a friggin Facebook account nor Flash installed, I can't even guess what you were posing, Fernando :(
    /sigh you don't Need an account to watch the vid :)
    edit: got me another System, and this you're not creating "live" something :D he also Plays samples and stuff you "prepared"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  6. DJKeo

DJKeo NI Product Owner

Why don't you use the MIDI out from tracktor and sync it to the Maschine software like that?

7. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

That's not the Problem. This somehow works even better on Mac then on Windows...
    Nah, I mean something like the Komplete integration back in Maschine 1.6...
    For starters it would be great if Traktor and Maschine would play in Sync, and not "in sync somehow".
    And bouncing Patterns, Groups or even oneshots into a RemixDeck (or MaschineDeck /giggle) without touching a Mouse/Trackpad would be real nice - heck, even recommended rather than tingling and prancing 'round like we do nowadays :(
    For some this workaround may be "a solution" but I am a little bit upset...
    But wait - maybe Traktor Pro 3 or Maschine 2.4 may have those features - NI doesn't talk much, right? :D

8. DJKeo

DJKeo NI Product Owner

ohh ok i get you now you mean better support where Machine is actually integrated into Traktor natively

that is probably where they are going after the S8 was released it seems like this is what they want to do. So i guess just hang in there and wait.

Personally I want them to spend more time on the DJ aspect the last few releases have been not up to par on the stability and feature front.

9. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Well, we all know NI has started their own way of digital DJing, and actually I like it, and still would use Traktor than Serato or even VirtualDJ.
    As a customer who payed good money for all of the three product family, I maybe expect too much :D
    I mean, Komplete got integrated into Maschine years ago, end even got a facelift (actually it got renewed - totally) and Traktor has its own freakin awesome features. Why not melting Maschine and Traktor to a better tool? or giving the opportunity to use it together?

Keo, you had/have stability issues? Tell me, what bugs you?
    what do you mean with stabiliy, Troy?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  10. DJKeo

DJKeo NI Product Owner

Yeah when 2.7 came out it crashed alot so i went back to 2.6.8 which has been the most stable for me, I'm too chicken to trust 2.7.3 at a event yet. I have a z2, a6, x1 mkII and a F1 I would totally buy maschine if it was natively supported into traktor without a midi sync.

I love NI (gotta get that out of the way) and I am ok with the direction they are going integrating producing with DJing which is all cool but my beef with the company is they leave us fans and consumers in the dark we have no idea what their road map is, the time table or if there is even a Traktor 3.0.

I want the company to be more active in the community telling us what features are coming, I know they talk to the super big DJs about what stuff they want in the program but we are the people who keep the company afloat buying all their products not these super DJs. I switched to traktor from serato 3 years ago and I've been mostly happy with it.

11. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Keo, you're totally right. Sadly NI doesn't talk much with their Customers and Fans (what if they talk more via Facebook :D), and that bugs me more. a Road map would be awesome, but thought this is just something companies like Dell would hand out.
    And even those poor Mods here aren't allowed to talk about new stuff :(

I think its time for a new, stable, awesome Traktor.
    Don't know if its called 2.8 or 3.0, but its something that is needed to be done :)

And I should say that I am using Traktor 2.7.3 since it got released, and even using MacOSX 10.10 - no problems. And since I swapped my S4 into a S8, I HAVE to use 2.7.x XD
    But I don't have any issues.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  12. DJKeo

DJKeo NI Product Owner

I think the community would be stronger if the people at NI took a more proactive stance with its customers, increase the number of beta testers if you need to. Let us help design what comes next, I DJ for a living this is super important to me i could easily go back to Serato I still have my SL box but I'm here instead because I think Traktor is better. A road map or at least some hints to what the future is going to be would bring excitement back to this forum as well.

I dunno i think its funny that since Traktor starting becoming more closed and NI started focusing more on the hardware than software we haven't seen much innovation that isn't hardware related OMG NI is turning into Apple smh

13. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

"NI has started becoming more closed" ???
    was it ever different? :D
    Well just because they released a Z2 and a S8 which COULD be used as analog mixers, doesn't mean they're doing hardware :D
    American Audio released the VMS4 years ago, and it does the same - no one bats an eye....

anyway - yeah, NI got a little "silent" but who forces us to use their stuff :D
    I am excited for a Traktor 3 or whatever. and if this does not do what I would like to have - what alternatives do I have? You see?

14. DJKeo

DJKeo NI Product Owner

I excited about what 3.0 could mean though they just need to hurry the heck up and leak something. Maybe get some famous DJ to press some buttons and twist a knob and yell Traktor 3 in a short video and then not say anything for 7 months LOL

15. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

hehehe... you referring to something? :D
    nah, NI could be let us know some, but you know how this got handled around here :)