Traktor and MIDI notes

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by efinque, Sep 28, 2017.

1. efinque

efinque New Member

Hello NI Forum,

and excuse me, I'm sort of new here.

I've been a Traktor user for almost 10 years now, first with a Macbook and a controller and later on with timecode (vinyl & cd). Nowadays I use a setup with a MBP running Traktor Scratch Pro that routes audio to a Mackie D.4 Pro and MIDI clock to an Akai Rhythm Wolf and Novation Mininova. Previously I used to run an instance of Ableton Live but due to stability issues I've switched to Traktor.

I've also done sets with Live and Traktor synced but it's hard on the CPU.

Now, I'd like to know whether it's possible to run MIDI clips from Traktor. I already found a way to make a subharmonic synth in Reaktor which ran sort of ok and I already gave it a thought of running an output from the Traktor main out to Reaktor and programming an audio to MIDI converter there, which would be mainly for bass notes for the drum machine.

Any ideas?

-ef

2. efinque

efinque New Member

So far I've got a decent subharmonic synth in Reaktor.. this is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

What it basically does is the (slightly modified) Frequency Tracker inspects the signal, sends the frequency value divided by 12 to an Event table and from there a corresponding MIDI note is fetched to the sine wave oscillator. I've yet to sort out the audio inputs and the MIDI outs (note that the ensemble isn't fully functional yet)

-ef

P.S dbx, eat your heart out :p

EDIT : It's 95% functional now with a MIDI note out... what I basically did, was that I routed the audio signals coming from Traktor decks to the D.4 input channels and used the effect send through an aux cord back to the laptop, where the signal enters Reaktor. From there the MIDI is sent to the external synth (Rhythm Wolf in this case)

EDIT : Added the latest version, 1.1 which now has the audio in and the MIDI note out. The wav player and the oscillator are there for further development.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  3. efinque

efinque New Member

Bump!