1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

New Traktor becomes unresposive after a period of inactivity

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DJ-Andre, Jan 9, 2022.

1. DJ-Andre

DJ-Andre NI Product Owner

Hi,

I've had it 2 times now that after a period of inactivity, Traktor becomes unresponsive. Windows asks to close the application or wait for it to become responsive again.

No crashlogs. Traktor version 3.5.2 build 299 on Windows 10 21H2 with CDJ-2000nxs attached (no other TSI's loaded)

2. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

I have no clue about any windowsOS, so this might be shots in the dark:

-are there any battery/power saving settings set?
    -are there something like AppNap/AppSleep settings active?
    -did you change the sample rate/latency?
    -are there memory leaks? is another application using a lot CPU or RAM?
    -reproduce the issue and look if there are unusual CPU or RAM peaks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DJ-Andre

I have not found any ways to reproduce. It happens, or not.

- Traktor 3.4.2 works fine
    - Alle powersaving settings are disabled
    - No changes made to Latency settings
    - No memory leaks as far as i know. 12GB free RAM and CPU is idle (2-5%)

4. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

I don't know, if it's worth a shot, because it is an issue with the new MacbookPro from 2021 and their processors are completely different. But, maybe try disabling multicore processing?

Fortunately, 3.4.2 works for you. And hopefully some other user with windows experience will give you some more useful hints.

5. DJ-Andre

Good suggestion! Will take a look into it. Unfortunately because of the current lockdown in our country i have no more gigs planned and i don't have any CDJ-2000nxs. I don't know if it happens with my own DDJ-SZ. Will take a look at that and if it happens, i will try to disable multicore processing.

Anyway, the team should look into this issue.

6. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I've had this happen when leaving applications open on PC, over the last few years. Usually it comes and goes with windows updates. At least that's how it seems. It is a hard thing to pinpoint since I can go months and typically shut my computer down.

But, I did recently leave Traktor open (on accident) for a day or so. And everything worked fine.
    I recently updated to Windows 11 and had a couple buescreens with Traktor and ( lol ) Roblox (game).

One issue I did used to get with Traktor was huge cpu spikes when leaving a loop running for long times. Lately things have been good.

Hope it gets sorted. Good to still report.

7. DJ-Andre

To reduce interruptions, I never have any applications running in the background.

The laptop is also optimized for realtime audio playback.