Traktor DJ & iOS7

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by fleizenkruz, Sep 19, 2013.

1. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz New Member

Anyone else got the email from NI saying that we shouldn't update to iOS7 yet because there might be some troubles brewing ahead?

Well, I did postpone the update on my iPad, which is my main Traktor DJ host. But I went ahead with the update with my iPhone 4, which got the free Traktor DJ installed back from the App Store promo event.

It seems that Traktor DJ is still running as usual on the iPhone. No hiccups, crash, or any strange behaviours. Running it for 15 minutes, playing tunes back to back like usual.

Now I am not endorsing that everyone should go ahead, I still haven't update my iPad, which is my main gig tool. Anyone else experiencing the same?

2. Malakai

Malakai New Member

yeah has anyone(or NI) updated this on the iPad and could do some tests on what actually bugs out and whatnot? Thanks!

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

4. sweeney.b

sweeney.b Forum Member

i did a update to both phone and iPad was using the iPad on my brothers apple tv and it sounded alright behaved like it did before albeit for 15-20 mins but then just got the email from NI well just saw it, so any probs im stuck until NI can do there majic as you cannot roll back to ios6

5. henrikmaneuver

henrikmaneuver Member

6. sweeney.b

sweeney.b Forum Member

Thanks for that

7. fistpump

fistpump Forum Member

the competition is iOS 7 compatible...

8. fistpump

fistpump Forum Member

Another reason not to update to iOS7: it looks real ugly, like they replaced the whole system with the Office 2012 theme.

9. _floor_funktion_

_floor_funktion_ New Member

Hey fellow Traktor DJ users. I played an hour long set Sat. night on a decent club PA with my iPad 4 upgraded to iOS 7 and the Traktor Z1. Everything seemed to work fine and sounded great. This doesn't mean that you should upgrade. Maybe I won't have the same luck next time. Since I don't rely on DJing to eat, I figured I would take a chance and report back to this forum. NI, FYI My backup plan was to use Djay 2 and my iDJ Pro, which Algoriddim and Numark have been boasting that they work fine with iOS 7. I hope is was useful feedback. This leaves me wondering if the bugs will be worked out before the S2/S4 MKII are released. I was seriously considering pre-ordering but now I will wait :(

10. stygma

stygma Forum Member

The iDJ Pro and DJay 2 with iOS 7 is having major issues right now, I even posted a video on algoriddim's forums showing how you can't navigate out of the song list by pressing cancel, and others are having issues as well with other things, so at least NI had the intestinal fortitude to issue a release instead of pretending that everything is fine.

11. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this information.

Karlos

12. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz New Member

It seems that all the software-related functions are safe, could it be that the "bug" in relation to iOS7 is hardware-related? I forgot to mention that I also used a Kontrol Z1 with my iPhone 4 with iOS7, and it works just fine. Still haven't update my iPad 2 though...

13. sweeney.b

sweeney.b Forum Member

Not being picky but NI and others would of have access to ios7 before release as a developers pack as they are making apps, i give NI credit for sending out emails and notices but this should of been done way before the release of ios7 to the public which i hope NI now take notice of i have not rolled back but played my radio show first half was with TDJ second half was with Djay 2 as the second half was using ripped vinyl and did not encounter any probs

14. Karlos Santos

But that doesn't mean that Apple didn't screw up a beta close to release giving NI little or no time test and implement changes.
    The iOS7 Gold Master went out around the 11th Sep.

Also consider that all the companies that released the same warning all did it on the same day. This heavily suggests that, as a part of the Apple MFi Program they are bound by NDA and I am pretty certain that app developers with the program cannot just issue warnings not to use iOS7 at will. Apples NDA's are as strict as they get.

Karlos

15. JonnyFlash

JonnyFlash New Member

16. keng~

keng~ NI Product Owner

I'm really happy that I've not updated my iPad yet and I assume that I won't in the near future! I hate apple but I buoght an iPad only for Music, so, stay happy stay simple!

Apple Sucks!

17. sweeney.b

sweeney.b Forum Member

Bless Karlos

I kinda understand what you are saying as im not a developer and do not understand the terms that they set but Apple have to understand that developers invest time and money to create a produc to work on there device

18. Billymac10

Billymac10 NI Product Owner

Hi,

Received an update for tracktor dj this morning - is it now compatible with ios7 following the update?

19. Karlos Santos

No sir.:(

20. miguel.santos

miguel.santos NI Product Owner

Unfortunately I didn't get the warning mail and I did update to IOS7.

Looping selecting with your fingers using the kind of zoom gesture doesn't work. (strange only 1 of 5 times it works).

Best, M