1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor doesn't recognize vinyls

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by vezz, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vezz

vezz New Member

Hi Guys,

I've been using Traktor for about a month or four now on a macbook 2.16 with 2gb of ram
    when I was preforming at a gig last friday , at the end of my set traktor stopped working and I had to restart the program. after the restart I cound't get any sound out of it. ok no problem, I used it again the day after and no problem, until now.
    Played on it yesterday , but when I wanted to play today traktor doesn't recognize the vinyls , I switched usb ports like a million times , updated my system to 1.1.1 restarted... everything. Its just not working.
    When i looked at my Audio8DJ in my mac prefrences , it says "218 usb streaming errors3 not sure what that means..

what can I do?

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Try uninstalling the A8 drivers only and reinstalling first.

If that doesn't work, please file a support ticket asap.

3. vezz

vezz New Member

tried installing it on my brothers new macbook pro. yet the same problem. but I found out that if I change a setting on my Audio8DJ, it works but really crappy ! : When on Timecode Vinyl Setting no response , but when I put it on CD/Line mode on my A8DJ , it sort of works("Vinyl15min callib. Failed Wrong in mode")

what could be wrong?( the update to 1.1.1?)

4. vezz

vezz New Member

Tried alot of things and found out a few things,

When I Put the audio8DJ on Timecoded Vinyl
    Code:
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/djvezz/IMG_1300.jpg
    I can only calibrate the T.Vinyls by putting my Technics SL1200MK5 with Concorde Pro Stylus on 45 Rpm and pitching it the full 8% up ( the fastest way to spin your record). once calibrated then , I tried putting it back on 33 rpm but then the song sounds really slow and stutters and stuff like that.
    I tried putting it in 45 rpm mode in the prefrences, pitch again the full 8% up and then tried to put the pitch down , same problem , stuttering and really weird sounds. could it be the needle?

but when I put the audio8Dj on T. Cd/Line,
    Code:
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/djvezz/IMG_1299.jpg
    it plays , but the audio8dj leds don't show an input signal and on my screen i see this
    Code:
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/djvezz/Afbeelding2.png
    impossible to do a good mix

link down is to a movie of how it all sounds and looks...
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXKxvwK-GGg
    hope you can help !
    thx

Attached Files:

5. fella

fella NI Product Owner

I saw the video and what i noticed is that your vertical meter isn't fully lit.
    So personally I think your needles are gone, just try some others.Click on the scopes to see the incoming signal, a bit round is ok, warped is bad.
    If the needles are new or in a good shape, clean the contacts from the cartrigdes.
    Also try the other side or the middle of the record for calibrating, maybe the records are worn out, just to be sure.

ps I made the link working

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXKxvwK-GGg"]YouTube - Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Problem[/ame]

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please post a picture or video of the control signal in the scratch (tracking) panel. click once on the moving circle to switch from sticker view to scope view.

depending on the look of the picture one could say more.

have also a look at 7. Understanding the Scratch Panel of your TS manual, there are some example pictures of successful and failed calibrations.

(chapter 4. Understanding the Scratch Panel of the TS manual addendum reflects the changes that were made in the 1.1 update)

7. djquartz

Actually Vezz, I don't think you are doing anything wrong when you have it on Timecode Vinyl.

When I was visiting my buddy DJ Puma in Calgary after boxing day, he has a set of 1210M5G's and the same problem occured. He uses SSL and it works fine with his turntables which sucked because he wants to get Traktor Scratch.

I thought it was because the SL-1 was in-line and causing problems. So I connected his turntables directly to the Audio 8, same deal.

I had to spin the timecode vinyl manually at until the pitch read ~110% and then TS would calibrate. But even so the needle drop latency was horrible.

Otherwise, the calibration process would always fail and I could only use relative mode.

It wasn't his cartridges because I tried mine as well and it was the same result.

I did take a recording of the timecode audio and submitted it to NI while I was there.

When I got home, tried TS with my turntables again and no problem. Works flawlessly.

I have a feeling this could be a phase issue and has to be corrected in software.

Please file a support ticket with a full description ASAP, and post the ticket number here.

If anyone else experiences this behaviour please post as well. Good information is the only way to get bugs fixed fast and correctly.

Thanks

8. vezz

vezz New Member

this is the ticket number. just copied my post with al the photos into to"the problem discription field"

posting movieclip later today...

9. djquartz

Vezz,

I have forwarded the info.

10. vezz

vezz New Member

so what do i need to do now?

11. djquartz

Have you heard anything from tech support yet?

12. DJ Freshfluke

please post a picture or video of the control signal in the scratch (tracking) panel. click once on the moving circle to switch from sticker view to scope view.

13. vezz

vezz New Member

hi guys ,

NI tech support sent me a new driver i think " NIUSBHardware-10.4-installer-2.2.16" and my problem is fixed . i also reinstalled leopard but i don't know if that helped !

anyway look at my pics , these point out that everything is normal, right?

anyway i wanna thank you guys for helping out ! you helped my find the solution (in a way:D )

Attached Files:

14. djquartz

Much better, glad you're working now. ENJOY!

That is most definitely a new driver, it's not listed anywhere.

15. DJ Freshfluke

interesting (the driver thing).

anyways, your control sigal picture look better like anything i have ever had on my system :D

16. paolinodj

paolinodj New Member

i have the same problem but i have windows vista...anybody help me?

17. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

maybe you should ask for the new driver...?

I hope it will be available for all of us soon... Knowing that there's a kind of TT that TraktorScratch won't work with is not a comfortable feeling :S

@NG: When is this driver going to be released?

18. littleNod

littleNod NI Product Owner

I'm a little upset after playing my second night with TS and finding 2 major problems. The first being that my vinyl would not calibrate properly and the second being that most of my library would not play.

PANIC AT THE DISCO!

On returning home, I found the answers to the problems.
    It could be argued that the music not playing was my own fault for updating to the latest version of quicktime. However, I thought that I should have been warned about the the non-calibrating vinyl somewhere along the line.

I love the potential of the software but it would be nice if we could be informed of any major problems that could disable a performance.

19. paolinodj

paolinodj New Member

i download the last driver (18-10-2007) in the download's section. How can i resolve the problem? I'm italian and excuse me for my bad english.

20. djquartz

Please file a support ticket because that is not the latest driver. We didn't find out about the driver Vezz received until he posted.

Post your ticket # here after you file the support ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.