1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor doesn't recognize vinyls

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by vezz, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vezz

vezz New Member

Hi Guys ,

Sorry for my late reply.
    some info about the driver. I asked techsupport-guy frank for some info : -Its still a beta driver (2.2.16) but it will be released very soon. I've been playing with it for a few days now and no problems. Frank assured me that it was very stable.

The most remakable i noticed is that the latancy settings can be set to 0.5ms. but I havent tried it out yet.

Also "bigbadselecta" said that it had something to do with the TT ,
    I work with Technics SL1210MK5's and I think that alot of people work with Technics so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Anyway , for MAC users who want to try out the driver ,
    here's the link I uploaded.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  2. paolinodj

paolinodj New Member

how can i open the ticket? i don't have MAC i have WINDOWS....

3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

@ Paolinodj

A8 drivers a released for both Mac and PC. Please file a ticket.

@ Vezz,

I apologize but I can't allow that beta link to be in public.

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

to *file a ticket* means you should contact support. you get an automated message back with a number in it, a so-called ticket number. this way the whole process can be tracked easily... (similar to a tracking number you get for parcels)

5. rbargante

rbargante NI Product Owner

NIUSBHardware-10.4-installer-2.2.16

hi vezz, i`ve got a similar problem... can you send me the NIUSBHardware-10.4-installer-2.2.16 ? my email is removed by native_girl thank you very much

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. DJ Freshfluke

neither the beta-version link can be published nor is it allowed to send it via email. period.

7. rbargante

hello native girl. sorry for asking the drive,,, i`ve got a similar problem , my traktor dont recognize vinyl or cds, i have a mackbook pro , runing traktor scratch for a few months. but stop working a few days a go. i can use audio8 as a sound card . can play music from tracktor scratch pressing the play buton with mouse, but i can`t control my music with vinyl ou cds controls... on calibartion i recive this message - unknown medium
    calib. failed
    rong in mode

mac os x
    processor 2.16 intel core 2 duo
    memory 3 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram
    can you help me? thanks

8. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

@ rbargante

just wondering, did you recently add the new 7.4 update to Quicktime a few days ago?

9. rbargante

hi crucial d . no i din`t the Quicktime 7.4 update. anyway i`m gonna upgrate my mackbook pro with Mac OS X v10.5.1 Leopard . and see if i can resolve the problem.. i`m back tomorrow and let you now how the things goin` on. thank you.

PS: for native_girl
    hi native_girl . i recive from NI-TICKET-SYSTEM the drive NIUSBHardware-10.4-Installer-2.2.16.. i`m gonna try tomorrow and see if resolve my problem... thank you to every body on this forum ....

10. DJ Freshfluke

i hope the driver update helps you out!

i'm not a mac-expert, but common sense seems to be that updating to leopard seems not to be recommended, but we'll see.

11. rbargante

hi. i instaled mac as x leopard . and still the same problem. i have macbook pro . and a ferrari 3200 windows xp pro. i try on 2 computers with the same error . i put some photos .. please help.

Attached Files:

12. DJ Freshfluke

what exact (!) version of traktor do you use?
    also note that there is an audio 8 driver update out since yesterday, install that also.

13. rbargante

hello native girl .,. thank you very much for everything.. problem solved. Frank Ellendt from NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Support Team help me solved my problem ( .ground loop issue) .. i`m gonna try traktor scratch tonight and see how it goes... thank you to all

14. rbargante

4 hours dj set last night no problems at all. thank you to everybody...
    macbook pro Leopard OSX 10.5 / traktor scratch 1.1.1 / 2x cdj 800 mk2 1x pioneer 600

15. DJ Freshfluke

wow that had to be a massive ground loop issue if you were not able to calibrate... :eek:

what helped exactly?

16. rbargante

hi .. if you see in my photo number 4 . i have groud lift chek.. i unchek the groud lift... my english is not very good but i`m gonna try explain bether as possible MY PROBLEM .. befour i hade final scratch 2 and traktor runing on macbook pro 10.4 . i thinK fs2 start a conflit with traktor scratch.. i used fs2 on vinyl and traktor scratch on cdj. diferent setups ... then one of this days traktor stop working...... desintaled fs2 change for cd control befour desinstal.... then i did the upgrade for leopard.. and unchek the groud lift on audio8 . and traktor start working....
    ps: fs2 dont work on leopard.
    traktor scratch works fine / need a special drive to instal on leopard..( Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Installer Patch )
    thank you to Frank Ellendt from NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Support Team and all the peopple on the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS FORUM

17. johnik

johnik New Member

Where can I get the driver update..? I'm using a PC and I have the same problem.

my control signal picture is a real mess. and the tracks are jumping around and sometimes it plays backwards..

I'm using Audio 8 DJ with Traktor 3.3 and control vinyls.

// Niklas

18. MeKL

MeKL Forum Member

hi, i have been reading a lot in this forum for about a week tried many thing, so many that i can t remmber all the thing that i tried...
    am using a mac book pro with fs2 and traktor 3.3...,i upgrated my operating systhem to leopard and done a big clean up so i reinstalled everything...
    so far so good and whn i start traktor everything works fine, the fs2 amp is there and the signal come true, there seem not to be any signal coming true on the tracking tab and the control button that would usualy under the track along with the play ,cue, set cue, etc... is NOT there! it has to be something very silly, i just can't find what it is! any ideas please am starting to lose faith?

19. mmoreno

mmoreno New Member

Hi there, and help please, in a performance I connected the A8 interface, grounding the TT before. After that, I got the same problem described by rbargante, including similar results as shown in their photographs. I was unable to calibrate and I got a constant noise, it was worse when I pressed play in my CD players or by using the TTs.

When I replaced the A8 for another one (from a friend) the problem disappears. After that I've downloaded a new driver version; however, I still have a noise in the channel 1. My setup is:

2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000
    Pionner DJM 600
    2 x Technics 1200
    Shure whitelabel
    Audio 8
    Mac

Please your help!

20. DJ Freshfluke

please contact the support on this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.