1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Froze/crashed mid-gig

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Simon L, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon L

Simon L Forum Member

Hello I'm updated my Traktor Scratch Pro to the latest version (1.2) and everything seemed fine using it for a few hours in the house. However on Saturday when I plugged in it firstly said scratch disabled and it wouldn't recognise my control vinyl. A quick complete restart of the Mac and it picked up the control vinyl and all was well UNITL an hour into the set Traktor just froze killing the music and becoming totally unresponsive. Not cool at all!

I had to restart the computer as Traktor had locked the machine up completely. A quick fumble for an audio CD and we had some music again BUT I'm wondering what on earth caused the crash? I've been using it for well over 2yrs and I've never seen it do anything like that before.

Is there a diagnostic report I can go back to in the system to send to NI to see what caused it. I've got some big gigs coming up over the next few weeks and really don't want a repeat performance.

2. dj tee

dj tee NI Product Owner

Had the same thing 2 weeks ago after I updated to 1.2.2 froze and locked up my laptop..Had to reboot..I rolled it back to previous install afterwards and I thought everything was fine until last saturday night doing a warm-up set for a very big name dj and froze again. the big name had to save my arse (very embarising). Been using TSP for a whole year now never had this issue. Updated the version back to 1.2.2 and have been testing it ever since and still keeps freezing. I have found if u unplug the usb then plug back in it will work fine until the next freeze..I also need help fast as the party season is upon us and I am booked solid..Come on tech guys we need solutions now..:-(

3. DJ COMpetence

DJ COMpetence NI Product Owner

Looks like already mentioned by Rainer: http://traktorbible.com/en/fixes122.aspx (Last Point)

I think you both are running Leopard?
    Just re-install the audio driver 2.3.9 for the Audio x DJ after Installation of TSP 1.2.2

Greetz,
    DJ COMpetence

4. Simon L

Simon L Forum Member

I'll give that a go although it does seem like a pretty big deal.....

5. toxic nihilist

toxic nihilist Forum Member

i had allsorts of problems after installing the update but i uninstalled taktor then re-installed it all back on and its works fine now------------------------ i hope!

6. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

Thanks for the tip! Those traktorbible links don't work for me though. Do you have to own the book to see them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.