1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor & hercules RMX

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by AngryofMayfair, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxDJack

MaxDJack Forum Member

Hello c242,

The DJ Console Rmx has simultaneously 2 output connections, with 2 different output levels:
    - the 4 RCA outputs have a consumer output level, -10dBv, to connect to home speakers, or to connect a mixer,
    - the 1/4" jack outputs have a pro output level, +4dBu, to connect to public address amplifiers.

To mix in a club, you can plug :
    - the Rmx jack outputs 1-2 directly to the amplifier (or the PA speakers)
    - or the Rmx RCA outputs 1-2 (or 1-2 and 3-4 if you split the deck to user the crossfader of your mixer instead of the crossfader of the DJ Console Rmx) to the mixer.

2. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

Thanks, just odered a pair of cables for the jack outputs. :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  3. Trance4Life08

Trance4Life08 New Member

Hey guys,

I recently got the RMX and it was working perfectly for the first few weeks with my Windows laptop setup and Traktor 3.3 and now I get nothing out of my headphone/cue and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is....any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

4. nigel333

nigel333 New Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a midi map diagram for the Hercules RMX. The whole trial and error process is driving me mad...

5. wild_andy_c

wild_andy_c Forum Member

6. MaxDJack

MaxDJack Forum Member

Hello Trance4Life08,

If you have no audio output in your headphones output, you should :
    1) set DJ Console Rmx is ASIO before running Traktor (in DJ Console Rmx control panel, you can set the audio mode in WDM or in ASIO)
    2) once you have launched Traktor, go in the configuration of the audio setting,
    - check the sound card in DJ Console Rmx ASIO
    - check the monitor channels are DJ Console Rmx 3 and 4
    - while the mix channels are DJ Console 1 and 2.

7. Trance4Life08

Trance4Life08 New Member

Worked perfect! Thanks so much MaxDJack! :D

8. bubex

bubex New Member

i set it up, everything works, but I cant control my MIDs on the EQ? What is happening?

9. listenupza

listenupza New Member

I am LOVING my RMX with traktor...works like a dream!

just need to sort out my issue with recording which I think has to do with my pc and the software and not the RMX itself...but yes the RMX is superb!

10. amoverelchoclo

amoverelchoclo New Member

My rmx work's perfect with traktor, but i still can't turn the led's on
    if someone solved this problem, please help me!

working on a DELL 1505 / 2gbram / Core 2duo 2.16ghz / 120gb memory / windows vista home premium

11. Doktor Joy

Doktor Joy Forum Member

amoverelchoclo:

You can't turn any of the LEDs on but the controller is controlling Traktor fine? It is simple - there is one or two things missing from your setup.

FIRST - Inside Traktor, go to your Preferences --> Hotkey and MIDI Setup --> MIDI Interfaces. In there, check that you have the RMX in the MIDI *OUT* section enabled as well as in the MIDI in section. This lets Traktor send info out to the RMX. If it wasn't enabled, enable it and see if that fixes your problem.

If it doesn't - Then - go to MIDI Setup.

For each control on the RMX, there is an entry in your MIDI settings of type 'Toggle/Direct/etc'. It will be on a given channel. For example, you probably have Deck Play/Pause (Deck A) set to a Toggle on Channel 11. This is because the Deck A play button is ID 11 on the RMX.

To get the LED to light up on the Deck A play button when Deck A is playing, you simply add an Output signal on the same channel and control. So, click on your Deck Play/Pause line for Deck A, duplicate it, then change the Midi Control type to 'Output' on the duplicate entry. Now, whenever Deck A is playing, Traktor sends a signal back to the RMX on channel 11 telling it to light the LED.

Repeat for all the controls that light up (note, not all of them do - to see which ones do watch the RMX when you first plug it in - all the LEDs flash).
    ---
    Ooops - just saw this.

c242 - Yes, I use the RMX in clubs. I've had no problems with output volume in it - but I do tend to run it into the club's mixer rather than straight to Amplifiers, and the clubs I play at have a lot of 'room' in their setup. So, I can just push the sliders up on the mixer a wee bit, and that covers any volume issues.

I'd say the RMX is more quiet than CDJs - but I'd also say that of the Mk1 and Mk2 controllers, AND of the M-Audio external soundcard I have. It just seems to me that digital DJ solutions on the whole are little quiet compared to CDJs. So long as the club PA is comfortably capable of driving the venue, you shouldn't have a problem.

12. KylieDj

KylieDj New Member

clipping during the play of a song

Hello everyone, I recently bought a HP notebook obviously with VISTA preinstalled. I always used Traktor in a desktop pc. Now I have tried to install the same program in the notebook ... But here's the surprise ...
    Every 30 seconds there is an effect of clipping. The computer is recent (4 GB of RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2.24 GHz). Is there anyone who knows how I can resolve this problem?
    Thanks

PS: Obviously zero backgound programsand no connection wi-fi.

13. njmiller31

njmiller31 New Member

---

This may have something to do with Latency rates. Try playing around with that setting in the audio setup. Also, I found I had to upgrade my Traktor 3 to the latest version (3.4.1040) when I bought my laptop (I think we may even have the same laptop).

I'm having issues as well. Though mine are different. I can't control Traktor from my Hercules Rmx. It's starting to wear on me too. Maybe it's an issue with our computers.

Good Luck!

14. Greenfreak

Greenfreak New Member

hey,

i'm using the rmx with traktor 3.3.
    everything works fine, except the controler for the mids.
    i'm using the original tks file by hercules.

Anyone knows the problem?

15. KylieDj

KylieDj New Member

My laptop is an HP dv5 1013 el. I have already try to set a major latency but I have not resolve the problem. The version of traktor is the same. If I change from 44.1 to 48 on the RMX config?
    PS. I try to make a dual boot vista + xp but there are a lot of problem making this configuration. I hope that the new version of traktor can resolve it

16. MaxDJack

MaxDJack Forum Member

Hello Greenfreak,
    Hercules Tks for Traktor 3 uses the Classic mixer, so you should load the Classic mixer in Traktor instead of the Xone92 to control the medium.

17. tuner0ner

tuner0ner New Member

set it as an asio, but it doesnt say dj console rmx 3 and 4 or 1 and 2, just outputs 1 -4! it still plays through the headphones but does it all the time and not just when i cue!

&for doktor joy, or anyone else that knows?

my lights arent working and i dont have a midi out bit in my traktor settings....

18. soulavenger

soulavenger New Member

4 hour DJ set and no problems!

I received my Hercules RMX on Tuesday and performed a 4 hour set in a club last night. I've got a Macbook Pro with only 1gb of RAM, running OSX 10.5.5 and despite a few teething problems, (one of the being that the trackpad ceases to function so have to use a bluetooth mouse!) the thing rocks!

19. Doktor Joy

Doktor Joy Forum Member

What version of Traktor do you have? And are you using Mac or Windows platform? (Hint - put your setup into your signature - then folks on the forums can see what you're using easily).

20. Trance4Life08

Trance4Life08 New Member

hey guys

had an unusual situation arise two days ago when starting up Traktor....it seems that Traktor is reading the hercules console as connected to the computer as a midi but when I move a level or crossfader or anything on the Hercules it does not get relayed through Traktor. It will, however work through VirtualDJ. My setup was working perfectly for months and I made no preference adjustments just all of a sudden Hercules stopped sending its signal through Traktor. I have reinstalled Traktor and the drivers for Hercules and nothing seems to work....PLEASE HELP!

Thanks so much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.