1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor & hercules RMX

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by AngryofMayfair, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doktor Joy

Doktor Joy Forum Member

You have checked that the Hercules is selected as the MIDI input and outputs, yes, and the little 'X' checkmark is visible?

2. Trance4Life08

Trance4Life08 New Member

Yep! Everything seems to be all systems go but I get nothing :(

3. tuner0ner

tuner0ner New Member

had the exact same problem mate,
    update your hercules drivers and it should be fine!
    right click the icon in yr system tray and click check for updates,
    tell us if it worked!

a still cant get ma lights workin' :(

4. Trance4Life08

Trance4Life08 New Member

Everything is up to date and still nothing! I even re-installed Traktor AGAIN with no success...I'm lost :/ any other suggestions?

5. Jambandbass18

Jambandbass18 Forum Member

OK, was using the Traktor 3 demo (which I now can't download again cuz it's disappeared off the face of the earth) .. But was just using it with only my computer speakers, was there a way to get the headphones to work? Because I couldn't figure it out. And then when I started messing with stuff, (like changing to hercules as the soundcard) it wouldn't play the songs or load them. I could only drag and drop, and then the song wouldn't play or anything. This is becoming more of a headache than anything.

6. MaxDJack

MaxDJack Forum Member

Hi Trance4Life08,

Have you checked if your DJ Console MIDI channel is channel 1?
    - On DJ Console Rmx, you can set the MIDI channel on the advanced panel,
    - If DJ Console Rmx MIDI channel is not set on 1 while your Traktor midi preset for the Rmx is set for channel 1, Traktor won't handle the MIDI commands received by the Rmx as you expect.
    => then you should either set the MIDI channel of the Rmx on 1, or update the MIDI preset file of Traktor to match DJ Console Rmx new MIDI channel.

7. nigel333

nigel333 New Member

Hey I'm having probelms getting the inputs on my hercules RMX to work with Traktor. I plug a cd deck into the input jacks on the back of the RMX then open preferences in traktor and go to input routing but when I click on a left or right channel the drop down menu offers nothing and remains -not connected- Can anyone help? I've checked the manual and it didn't say anything that helped.....

8. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

are you selecting the inputs' soundcard in the sound card section. ? Also make sure the hercules is connected before you start traktor.

also: please post all your specs

9. empolo

empolo NI Product Owner

Hey Nigel333 ---

This is just a guess since I don't have CD decks myself but have you tried toggling the 'Source' button on the RMX above the deck to which you have your deck connected?

From the Hercules RMX site-->

SOURCE BUTTONS

* 2 buttons: Source 1 and Source 2

- Replace the computer track played on Deck A with the audio source connected to inputs 1-2 when you push the "Source 1" button. Return to the computer track when you push the "Source 1" button again.

- Replace the computer track played on Deck B with the audio source connected to inputs 3-4 when you push the "Source 2" button. Return to the computer track when you push the "Source 2" button again.

* Enabling an external audio source requires adjusting the gain control for the deck in question.

10. fluidgroove

fluidgroove New Member

i was having the same problem except with connected tables, when i hit the source button nothing plays through master. ive tried 1-2 and 3-4 made sure switched to phone and even adjusted the rmx settings to allow line in instead of mic and it still didnt work not sure where i went wrong.

11. fluidgroove

fluidgroove New Member

just wanted to update, ive had now three 5 hours sets with traktor 3.4 and hercules rmx, absolutely flawless and not one crash. my faith is growing :D

12. Mixologist

Mixologist New Member

Frustrated

:confused:
    My father purchased Traktor 3 a couple of months ago and he purchased the dj Hercules dj console rmx to control it and we're having problems setting it up. I read that it worked right out of the box for you. Does all the functions work? I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to midi functions. Can you help us out please?

Mixologist.

13. Trance4Life08

Trance4Life08 New Member

All channels match up and still no communication between the software and the rmx...so frustrating! Want to just return this damn thing for tables! I'm at a total loss now so any other help is much appreciated! Thanks for your help thus far MaxDJack

14. KlubHead

KlubHead New Member

Hello everyone, i just got the rmx and i was setting it up to worl with traktor 3.3 , every thing is ok except for one "little" thing wich is, i cant get any sound out of my laptop but i have sound from the headphones with or even without the cue botton on :confused: , could anyone shine a light on this problm, i have the whole thing configured like it says on hercules website and i have the tks file from their site too and the output channels correctly (monitor 3 and 4 , master 1 and 2) so i cant figure out whats the problm.
    By the way i only have the rmx plugged to my laptop and i dont have any of the RCA outs plugged on to speakers, but i think that i should listen to the music coming out of my laptop speakers , is that correct or do i have to turn the rmx to a pair of speakers ?Pls someone help me out on this one so i can figure out if the controller is not working correctly or is just me that aint configuring it correctly. Thanx in advance

My setup is :
    - HP pavilion dv6000 series (portable)
    -intel centrino duo 1.66 ghz
    -win xp
    -Asio4all drivers
    -traktor 3.3

15. fluidgroove

fluidgroove New Member

the rmx is a soundcard as well and when its plugged in it is set as default, so your laptop wont play the music through speakers. so yes you need to hook up rca speakers to 1-2 output

16. dkineffect

dkineffect New Member

well most of this thread cleared up my questions, ill be ordering mine tomorrow. Seems most of the issues with it seems to be based in computer set-ups, and driver and set-up issues. however i still have 1 lingering question......

the console is usb powered, SO if you have it hooked up to a powered hub with NO PC, and say cdj's, tables or something hooked up to the line in's, could you still use the console as a basic mixer? or is it the ol' "its a box of buttons and knobs without the PC.... im not expecting it to, just thought id ask, since that would be a huge bonus

also, to keep portability up, do you think one of the newer 10" netbooks could handle tracktor or VDJ?

17. MaxDJack

MaxDJack Forum Member

Hello Trance4Life08,

1) Have you checked if the tks preset file of your DJ Console Rmx is still loaded in Traktor 3?
    2) Have you tried to download again the tks file from http://ts.hercules.com, and load it instead of you current tks file, in case you have unwillingly changed the original tks preset file?

18. fluidgroove

fluidgroove New Member

this im still waiting for an answer to as well, id like to know if it will still work with tables hooked up for instance if pc crashed, ive tried hooking turntables and tried everything source buttons/phono line/ even rmx settings and still nothing plays through. maybe you will have better luck but i have since given up on hooking anything else up to the rmx. as a workaround ive just been piping the master 1-2 out into a 2 channel mixer so the other channel is my backup.

19. nigel333

nigel333 New Member

Hooking up external devices to RMX's inputs through traktor

I still haven't been able to get anything to input through the RMX's input channels with traktor. I don't know whether this is a traktor problem or a rmx problem. If it worked the way the traktor manual says it should it would be really simple. I guess I should try traktor with a different sound card than the RMX and then it would be easy to workout whether it's the RMX or traktor that's not working.

I've tryed using the RMX with a self powered hub and no computer attached but it didn't work. I've yet to try it with the self powered hub and the laptop attached to see if it would save you if the lappy crashed but you had cd decks hooked up. (this would be great) But as I can't get it to accept signal from cd decks this is allready not in consideration.

Also, just a note on Virtual DJ. This software has some great features but one total flaw that I noticed - It flams! I spent a night mixing on it and though I was hearing slight flamming. Then a guy playing vinyl took over after me and it was as obvious as balls. VDJ flams. It's very slight but it's enough to make you feel like a dweeb if there's anyone seriously listening to your tunes.

20. fluidgroove

fluidgroove New Member

yea i really wish the rmx came with better instructions with hooking up external sources. obviously none of us can get it to work! ive searched and came up with nothing. either way its no bother just one more mixer to carry around.

on another note i think the only real downfall is not having illuminated eqs/peaks. its really hard to match volumes through club/pa setting. does anyone have some advice? ive just been adjusting the volume on the fly, fading volume from low-high

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.