Traktor mis labeling Genres

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by lucid life, Aug 7, 2019.

1. lucid life

lucid life NI Product Owner

I'm not sure why this is. I have a lot of music, and I got so many songs mislabeled by their genres.

Any solution to this, and why this is happening?

Cheers,

2. Jumeirah Sound System

Jumeirah Sound System NI Product Owner

Traktor doesn't label genres, it just reads from whatever information you have in the genre tag of your mp3's. So if you're getting weird labels in the genre column in Traktor, it's because you've got weird labels on the mp3's before you import them.

Try connecting up with Music Brains or something similar, or batch tag them in iTunes or another program to the genre you like. Depending on the source of your music the genre is often a catch-all column for a bunch of different things.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    JSS

3. lucid life

lucid life NI Product Owner

I went on apple forums ,and someone said to do that in iTunes. Make a playlist with the genre and import them. I found one problem though. When I import them into iTunes with the genre label playlist, then open up Traktor, and import them my mixed in key cue points don't work. I found that I have to import them from the explorer in order for my cue points to update.

Mind you I have all my songs organized in my USB. I have Traktor, and iTunes running from that USB drive as well.