1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Pro 1.2.3 Update installer fails

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by theDIY, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theDIY

theDIY Forum Member

I've just tried installing the 1.2.3 update, downloaded through Service Center (tried two different times, to make sure the download was not corrupted for some reason). The installer gets all the way to the end of its processing bar, and then at the end gives a message that says, "There were errors with the installation. You may want to try installing again."

My Traktor installation which I am upgrading is 1.2.2, and located in ~/user/applications/Traktor. I recently upgraded to a new Macbook, and my Traktor install, along with all of my other applications, was migrated to the new machine with migration assistant. Service Center re-authorized the program and I was able to download the update just fine.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Anyone else have this problem?

2. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

No... mine installed like a dream.... maybe its due to high traffic at the moment..!
    try again later...!

3. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Yep, I was just gonna say - with the high traffic right now some people are getting incomplete downloads and the installer will run but not finish. Happened last release too. Try downloading the file again later and install that.

4. theDIY

theDIY Forum Member

Cool deal! I'll try re-downloading a bit later and give that a go :cool:

5. dybvandal

dybvandal NI Product Owner

heh .. shouldnt the installer do a checksum check before running?
    ---
    interesting .. i just tried to redownload via the service center. but it said that i am uptodate. i now started traktor pro and sure enough it comes up as 1.2.3 installed. however i also had the installer aboard towards the end while "running package scripts". so i assume that either everything went fine and the installer just reported bogus information or some final clean up routine failed which might come back to bite me ..

6. Lancellot

Lancellot NI Product Owner

When possible, I try to avoid using Service Center to update.
    I always download from user area and install.

7. kloseline

kloseline Forum Member

Could this problem be solved for anyone of you by redownloading?

8. dybvandal

dybvandal NI Product Owner

9. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Make sure to delete the download that fails. Then re-download.

Karlos

10. sintaxasn

sintaxasn New Member

I'm actually having the same issue. I've tried re-installing numerous times, with different options enabled (ie, disable installation of additional drivers) with no luck. I've also tried redownloading 4 times now.

Seems like we may have to do a full reinstall from the original CD

11. lajunen

lajunen Forum Member

try to unpack the file with the original apple unpack-software, not with a third party unpacker-software and download the file from the ni-website, not from the service center. i had the same problem, but later it worked.

greetz lajunen

12. Lasse Mix

Lasse Mix NI Product Owner

Same issue to. I will download the update again to see if it clears.

13. Klabi

Klabi New Member

Hello,
    NI download pages say that 1.2.3. update file is 224MB. When I download it from the pages it's only 163MB. Same thing happens when I download it from Service Center, it stops at 73%. I don't understand why this happens.

14. theDIY

theDIY Forum Member

Hmmmm. Tried re-downloading (from both service center and the support website), and running the upgrade again, unfortunately with the same results as above. Installer almost finishes, but gives an error message at the end of the install process. Opening Traktor verifies that 1.2.2 is still installed and has not been upgraded. Service center says that my authorization is ok. Before re-downloading, I deleted all previously downloaded copies of the updater.

Any more ideas? Should I just throw in the towel and contact support?

(BTW, installer package size here on most recent DL is 262.9 MB unpacked, 235.4 zipped)

15. keep1

keep1 New Member

hi, i had the same problem, but when i turned off my antivirus, it works fine

16. Lasse Mix

Lasse Mix NI Product Owner

I´m up and running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.