Traktor Pro 2.6.1 Waveform Stutter?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S4' started by Numbdrum, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Numbdrum

Numbdrum Forum Member

I have recently installed traktor pro with an S4 and everything seems to be working fine except for one thing that I've noticed. When playing a track I'm noticing the waveform stuttering. It does not seem to have an effect on the audio quality but it is a little annoying. It goes back and forth between a smooth stream accross the screen and then the waveform will start stuttering. I've tried changing the audio settings and latency but nothing changes. I have all drivers and updates.(am I just being to picky?) I am running on OSX 10.8.2. I am greatful for any advice, thank you.

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Have you disabled WiFi/bluetooth/antivirus, and fully closed any other applications?

3. Numbdrum

Numbdrum Forum Member

Yes, I have tried all of that but still having the same stuttering.

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Do you get the same problem on 2.6.0?

5. Numbdrum

Numbdrum Forum Member

This is the first version I've used, I didn't think I could install earlier versions.

6. ClrCreekRdr

ClrCreekRdr New Member

If you turn off SYNC does the problem go away?

If so, then your songs are probably needing to be beat gridded.

7. Numbdrum

Numbdrum Forum Member

ClrCreekRdr,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried with sync off and all my tracks are analyzed and the issue is still present. Again, thank you for your response.

8. joemann002

joemann002 New Member

Were yoy able to fix this or not?

I have 2.5.1 running on a newer laptop with more ram and better CPU, but I get waveform stuttering on it compared to another laptop that is much older with only 512mb RAM and much slower CPU and I get no stuttering whatsoever. I don't know why it is happening on better spec'd laptop compared to my older under powered laptop. You would think it would be the opposite.

9. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

I admit I see something similar on my older MacBook. I just bought it was because of my older hardware.

10. ClrCreekRdr

ClrCreekRdr New Member

Turn off sync, snap, and quantize

11. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

I think that you're running out of CPU power. Increase your buffer/latency.

I had the same thing happen to me (as I use an older CPU).

-KLH