1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Pro 2.6 CPU load increase

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by guyfromcrowd, Oct 26, 2012.

1. guyfromcrowd

guyfromcrowd New Member

First off, I have a sony vaio with a core i3 2.3 GHz processor with 4 Gb of ram. Anyone noticing a significant increase in CPU load going from 2.5 to 2.6? In 2.5 the CPU load bar would hardly ever reach a quarter for me and was totally fine and glitch free. Now with the 2.6 update it stays at half if not in the red and I get tonnes of audio glitches. :S I have a feeling it may be due to the macro effects but that's just a guess. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. bcochrane

bcochrane New Member

I noticed a big CPU increase with the 2.5 update, as did a lot of people. I was hoping 2.6 would finally fix this, but amazingly the CPU has increased even more! I am now running at 100% CPU anytime I try to run Traktor... it's completely unusable. I think I'm going to have to go back to the 1.x version that came with my unit :-(

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

nope, no difference on my machine...

4. DJ Freshfluke

have you been in contact with support? have you checked the tuning tips? what computer do you run?
    i'm fine here with my low end toshiba...

5. guyfromcrowd

guyfromcrowd New Member

After experimenting I've figured out what it is, the macro effects. I had 3 macro effects loaded which overloaded the cpu. I reduced the amount I had loaded in the fx slots to 1 and the cpu load decreased significantly although it is still higher than normal. It does make sense because they probably have 3 or more effects working in tandem when you load each macro effect. I hope they fix this. It probably effects higher end laptops much less but not everyone has a high end laptop.

6. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

I'm actually noticing lower loads on both my windows and OSX laptops.

7. volkanerkan

volkanerkan Forum Member

Same problem here, huge increase, before nothing.
    ---

AGREED. just checked it out.
    ---
    Another thing I just recognized, there is no increase when fxs loaded, but if you activate FX 1 and 2 buttons on decks , the load significantly increase.

8. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

That's to be expected.

9. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

Definitely getting better performance here. 2.5.1 was struggling on my Core2 Duo but 2.6.0 is workable.

10. heltino

heltino NI Product Owner

CPU load is "shown" higher in 2.6 as it was in 2.5.
    but I noticed no problem so far. the issue with the keylook that was given in 2.5.0, what was fixed in 2.5.1 is as well fixed in 2.6.

I`m using the S4 and I noticed that sometimes, depending on configuration, a new installation of the audio driver AFTER the installation of traktor fixes issues.
    friend of mine has had problems...driver new installed = fixed!

11. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

I got an MBP 2008 model with 2 gb ram, no cpu increase, thinking it could be a PC problem

12. DJ Freshfluke

nope, see my (low end) computer not showing any differences.
    seems to be very individual, therefore all affected ppl should contact the support!

13. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I think there's a higher load here also, with all FX, key lock, and Z-filter I'm pushing 40-50%, with out decks loaded, with decks i'm pushing 60%.

I'm going to push further over the next few weeks

Mid 2010 MBP, 2.6 Traktor Scratch Pro

14. pARty_bOy

pARty_bOy NI Product Owner

I also have high CPU,using 192samples, but the sound isn't affected,I tried 3 decks playing and scratching on the 4th,with keylock and FX on,scrolling playlist, getting red spikes but no cracks or pops.I also "feel" a tighter scratching in the new update.I didn´t test the remix decks.
    I noticed that the bug with moving LOOPs its finally gone!I have been requesting this since Traktor Pro 1,this didn´t happenned in Traktor3!when moving a loop,(LoopFine)back or forward the sound was affected (making sort of gatter FX 1/8) this is great for me because I mainly DJ on-the-fly.
    also the duplicate deck function is ok,on 2.5.1 the BPM is reset.
    I'm enjoying the new update,I think it is the best update so far since 2.0.3

15. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

the only way to make any sort of comparative statement on CPU load is to run each software version in an identical setup...

16. mikkefin

mikkefin New Member

interesting... Key lock in 2.6.0 seems to make all the difference in my cpu load. Key lock off -> everything is "normal" (cpu load is about 25-40% as usual), key lock on -> cpu load spikes red, when scratching. The new effects don't seem to be the problem here. And no problems in 2.1.3.

17. gladkiy

gladkiy Forum Member

18. bi!LY eagle

bi!LY eagle Forum Member

Do you notice any clipping at all? Your master gain looks a little high..

Any particular reason you run at 192khz sampling? Just curious..

19. DJ Slick

DJ Slick Forum Member

can one of the PC users please post screenshots of their CPU load! i'm interested particularly in Windows-based LAPTOPS only.

screenie and list the cpu model you have in the lappie, and i'll be a happy campie

20. pARty_bOy

pARty_bOy NI Product Owner

no particular reason,it's the lower latency I can get without any problems,
    192 samples + 480000khz = 9.7ms