1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.0 screen resolution problem

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by proofman, Oct 27, 2014.

1. proofman

proofman New Member

Upgraded to TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.0 on my Leonovo Yoga 2 pro. With a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 and the resultant GUI is very very small overall. Will there be a fix for this?

2. SleazyP

SleazyP New Member

I'm having the same issue on a Dell XPS 15 at the same resolution. Previous updates would scale the window correctly but 2.7 does not. I have my copy set to run full screen on start up which caused an issue in a release before. Tried it on and off but didn't make a difference

3. Kicksled

Kicksled New Member

I have the same problem on my laptop with Win 8.1 64bit and 1920x1080 resolution. First I thought that it was my external monitor causing problems, since it worked after I unplugged the ext. monitor with Traktor still open. But when I closed it and opened again, same problem, even if my external monitor was unplugged.

Hopefully we will se a fix for this quickly.

4. Engine77

Engine77 NI Product Owner

I have the Yoga 2 Pro as well with same scaling issue. I updated the video drivers and the O/S. It didn't solve anything. Trying out different video/display setting hasn't worked either.

5. Martie

Martie New Member

Same issue on my Dell Lattitude E6530 (resolution 1920X1080)

6. Redz0ne

Redz0ne New Member

Same Issue here with Dell XPS 15 DPI scaling is broken.

7. JohnH6

JohnH6 New Member

Same problem on my Razer QHD + all the leds on my Traktor Kontrol S2 who stay on ! WTF with this update ? I can easy use the backup but what I can do with the leds, even with the old version of Traktor 2.6.8 the leds stay always on :-(

8. Dennis D

Dennis D New Member

Same issue here on my Acer V5-573G (resolution 1920x1080) :( Hope NI will fix this soon!!

9. SirReal

SirReal NI Product Owner

What happens if you select full screen from the preferences menu?

10. Glitchwerks

Glitchwerks New Member

I run an ASUS Q550 @ 1080P with a second ASUS monitor also @ 1080P.

I like to display Traktor on my second monitor. I have had the same issues with scaling, but I found a workaround.

I move Traktor to the second display. I open the preferences pane on my first display. If I hit full screen on Traktor in the second window, it goes into full screen mode like it's supposed to.

It does not seem to work if the preferences pane is on the same monitor as Traktor.

I do not know if enabling full screen on start up will help.

Just thought I'd pass this along, hopefully it will help someone.

11. Dennis D

Dennis D New Member

It's a resolution issue. Traktor thinks it's on full screen while it really isn't, becausse when you press on full screen then only the frame of the window dissapears. Even the window frame of Traktor doesn't go full screen. Here is a printscreen:

traktor full screen.png

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  12. Dennis D

Dennis D New Member

Ahh thanks Glitchwerks. Thanks to you I've solved it. I changed the resolution of my screen in windows to 1400x900, and then pressed full screen in Traktor and it really did go to full screen :). Then changed te resolution in windows back to 1920x1080 and Traktor could still handle it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. proofman

proofman New Member

Here is the fix that works for my Leonovo Yoga 2 Pro.I use the 1600x900 resolution and 100% scale so all programs look fine.
    (Still think the App developers should be aware when constructing the code and have a consideration for hi-res screen setups though).

• Like Like x 1
  14. urstuff

urstuff New Member

Same problem after updating yesterday on my laptop with 64 bit Windows 8.1 at 1920x1080 resolution.
    My screen looks like Dennis D's.
    Desktop Full Screen Resolution has always worked before and only failed after the 2.7.0 (R797) update.
    Lot of New Members (like me) appearing here consequently :)
    I asked support for advice but no response yet.
    I've tried the suggestions here, thanks for these, but they haven't worked for me.
    Even if it appeared to work, after a reboot it's back to full screen resolution failure.
    In addition, in 'window' mode Traktor's Window menu never displays properly as you can see in this image.

Window Menu corrupted.PNG

The File | View | Help text is corrupt. Are others seeing this too?
    Btw, do the NI people read this stuff here?

15. fischeol

fischeol New Member

same problem here
    config delete does not help
    reinstall 2.6.8 works fine

16. Dennis D

Dennis D New Member

So I thought I solved it, but after rebooting traktor it failed again :(

17. Spoonie_G

Spoonie_G New Member

Same issue here with my Yoga pro-2. The screen is too small to use. I can recall this happening before. Fix needed ASAP.

18. Spoonie_G

Spoonie_G New Member

Razer QHD? Nice!!

19. cecile

cecile New Member

Same problem here. Need urgent fix !!!

20. cecile

cecile New Member

Lenovo Yoga pro 2 Wind 8.1 and same scaling/display issue. No fix is permanent. Need stable system and would like to keep my eyes in the mean time...