Traktor Pro 3.1 News from NAMM

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by DJTDogg, Jan 24, 2019.

1. DJTDogg

DJTDogg NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 3
  2. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Can't wait for that stand alone mixer mode!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scratch-E Con

Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

I don't care about stacked waveforms and I don't own an S4. So for me this will just be another bug fixing release which will hopefully solve the issues I have posted.

Anyways I am happy that 3.1 is coming because it shows they are still working on new features. If only NI would show some love to us here at the forum by being more interactive with their user base...

• Like Like x 3
  4. s3kn0tr0n1c

s3kn0tr0n1c NI Product Owner

Yeh I really like the look of stacked waveforms...Just hope I can stack them in the order I wish. From top to bottom-- C.A,B,D to match the channel order in my mixer.

Serato had this type of waveform but it took an update till they matched the order of inputs to mixer. Be good to see NI get this right from day 1.

5. Mark_minimal

Mark_minimal New Member

I am looking forward to parallel waveforms!

6. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

of absolutley no use to me at all and looks awfull imo

although the new preparation view will be of some use.

Surely the biggest point of interest is how they are going to take the s4 into a standalone mixer from its current state of not being a standalone mixer, hmmmmm?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  7. Gontie.

Gontie. NI Product Owner

YYYEEEEESSSSSSS Finally stacked waveforms.....

8. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Firmware update.

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

As a Serato User, Traktor just got a lot more attractive to me since I am used to parallel waveforms for almost 10 years now... If only a there was a Z2 refresh...

Who's NAMM booth was that does anyone know? It's a bit odd to know about it from DTT, did a beta tester mess up? lol

10. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

NI's own press conference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Oh, ok. Still its a bit odd it's not officially announced. Thanks.

12. MixMasterG

MixMasterG NI Product Owner

I sat down with the Traktor product owner at Namm Today to discuss my Traktor related apps and the new NI prodcuts. a few bullet points:
    • The Native Instruments booth at Namm is on invitation only. I understand you can sign up for it on the NI website.
    • The standalone mode for the S4 MK3 after the comming firmware upgrade is really mixer only. So you can hook up your own audio device (turntable/cdj) and use the mixer of the S4 without any effects.
    • The new Traktor DJ app on iOS feels really good! played around with it a bit using the soundcloud integration and it holds up.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. chilly

That's the most important use case for me, so I can stop bringing an extra mixer to gigs!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DigitalExtacy

DigitalExtacy NI Product Owner

Through the DJTT article I personally like the stacked waveforms and especially the preparation view. Though not announced I am looking forward to the streaming integration that Serato implements as well in future updates.

15. chilly

We won't be getting any sort of streaming integration with the current iteration of T3.

16. Irv_Tf

Irv_Tf NI Product Owner

Not sure if the current code base allows for this. To be fair it's probably not something they could have thought of when they first wrote Traktor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chilly

I agree

18. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

It does not. Watch this video for more information about TDJ2 and the future of TP3:

• Like Like x 1
  19. MixMasterG

MixMasterG NI Product Owner

mmmm I think code wise it should not be too much of an issue, however right now Traktor relies on the filepath to a track to identify a track (and link it to it's analyzation data etc).
    A track path typically takes the form of:
    /Volumes/<drivename>/<folder structure>/<track file name>

I don't see why the form
    /<Stream>/URL/<complete url to the track>/
    could not be used in traktor 3 as an extra way to link the track to it's traktor DJ related metadata.

20. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I’m happy traktor is moving to tablets. I can’t afford a new $apple lapto$ sniff sniff.

I’ve been preaping for the death of my laptop which so far outlasted a good chunk of my gear. So I’m glad that I will be able to still use traktor without a laptop in the near future.