TRAKTOR Pro 3.2.0 - officially released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Friedemann @ NI, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey,

this is a heads-up that we have just officially released TRAKTOR Pro 3.2.0 (build 60) on Native Access.
    Thanks to everybody for numerous hours of testing, allowing us to identify some last minute issues and even removing most of them.

Don't worry too much about the fixes and suggestions that have not made it into this release - they have a good chance to make it into the next.
    We have already started working on the next update and will communicate its scope soon.

So for now, just relax for a moment and be proud for what you have contributed to TRAKTOR over the past weeks.
    Play some good music to your friends and let's meet here soon for then next round of TRAKTOR Pro public beta.

The Traktor Team

• Like Like x 5
  2. DJ-Andre

DJ-Andre NI Product Owner

Excellent news. No issues with 3.2.0 (including beta's) for me so far.

For the upcoming update(s) please consider public beta testing. Previously we have seen that it worked great for 2.10.x and 2.11.x and now for the current 3.2.0 release.

Please also consider a timeline for new features included in future releases. I'm really interested in flexible beatgrids (and I know i'm not the only one ;)) though I understand that it's only possible to release this feature when it's done.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

No worries - we intend to make use of public betas for most future updates - as long as this makes sense.
    Regarding future feature timelines I'm more careful as we have always seen unforeseeable changes and delays and resulting frustration.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jumeirah Sound System

Jumeirah Sound System NI Product Owner

Great job and THANKS! Rocked the beta for a few gigs over the last weeks and enjoyed it. Very happy to see you guys opening up the beta programme a bit wider and excited to hear more is in the works soon. Keep it up & thanks.

5. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Hey Friedemann @ NI will the XDJ 1000 MK2 ever have HID in Traktor PRO 3 ? maybe in a beta this year ??? I really would love to here a solid yes or no we have waited for a proper answer long enough.

6. Scoox

Scoox NI Product Owner

Nice update but c'mon NI, do you even read your own forums? Every update seems to bring a bunch of nice-to-have bells and whistles but core functionality is not being improved or even fixed in some cases. Things like smart playlists, a better mappings editor (or an updated mapping language), blurry waveforms, laggy waveforms when scratching with the mouse, inability to select which parallel waveforms to display (it's AB, CD, or ABCD, but what if I only want decks ABC?), etc. They have dubbed this update the "harmonic mixing update", how about an update dubbed "the user request update" where every single feature added is in response to forum FRs?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Owner

Owner NI Product Owner

o_O

in my opinion, it's ok, that they not listen to every "crap" in this forum...
    (btw: compare the usability between scratching with the mouse an harmonic mixing)

please do not get me wrong, I agree with you in certain points. but what is feasible and what is not, we just don't know. they will have some reasons and it is not they're duty to comment on them. do not forget that the traktor code is already very old. I'm glad that there are still innovations.

As has been said many times, the resources of the traktor developer team are limited. It makes perfect sense to evaluate the feasibility and the respective expenses in order to usefully continue the application.

who knows, maybe the next update will see more bugfixes and less implementations ...

8. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

I doubt they even read it. The library management is the worst of all the three major dj software out there. And there have been requests for that for years. Yes, not every request is nice, but most of the things make sense, and the priority should be on what's most requested, instead of what's most easy to implement.

Harmonic mixing is nice, but.. come on, just select your tunes more carefully to make this, instead of turning that knob to change tonality,
    that totally screws the sound. Even on +-1 it just doesn't sound right, just better track selection is the key to nice mixes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DJ-Andre

DJ-Andre NI Product Owner

Hi Friedemann,
    Traktor 3.2 was released 2 months ago and, as you stated, work on the next update already begun upon the 3.2-release. Is there any news on this future update? How about releasing more bugfix releases to fix issues in the current version? Many users are losing their patience. Fixing bugs should be a lot easier than implementing new features...

I also mentioned this in the survey I've received this week. Speed up development, fix open bugs (3.x.x) and release new features (3.x) when they are done.

10. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

Don't worry a release is coming like probably after 6-12 months.. I noticed this is the usual time it takes in NI.