New Traktor Pro 3.3.0 crashing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by djwax, Jul 21, 2020.

1. djwax

djwax NI Product Owner

Hi,

I kindly ask for support as TP Pro 3.3.0 keeps crashing briefly after opening it.
    Most of the times by or after loading one or multiple tracks. Crashes differ. Sometimes it closes, sometimes it freezes the GUI but keeps playing. Most of the time it seems to be related to loading tracks. I have no clue -
    I am using the same soundcard (Allen & heath DB2) and Windows 10 latest updates. The only new thing is a new setup and a new desktop pc based on Ryzen 9 3900x 32GB with NVMe SSDs.

I attach my crashlogs. I really appreciate your help as this system should replace my former and currently Traktor is not usable due to this issue.

Thanks for your support

Regards

Wolfgang

Attached Files:

2. djwax

djwax NI Product Owner

Maybe I solved it with a weird combination of 3.4.0.160 beta plus down grading the audio firmware of my A&H DB2 and using previous drivers. I had this issue on my Intel machine back in the days when you launched TP Pro 3. I got in touch with A&H and the solution was to down grade. Then TP3 worked. 6 months later I upgrade both FW and drivers again and it worked without issues. It seems like the issue came back. Strange thing - I could reprdoce it on TP3.3 with just loading the default tracks without pressing play. But I read that were some bugs. I would really be interessted what you can see in the debug logs and if you can confirm my solution - maybe somehting for the KB.

Thank you!

Wolfgang

3. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi,

I will file a ticket and attach the crashlog and have a developer look at it.

It does not crash with the 3.4.0 beta?

Best
    Sander

4. djwax

djwax NI Product Owner

Hi Sander,

Thanks for your reply. With 3.4 it does not crash anymore. My suspicition is that there where two issues at the same time. One file loading/analyzing one and the other must have been related to the XONE DB2 audio firmware and driver as written above. I downgraded both driver and firmware and with the combination of beta 3.4 it now works without any issues. Would be really interesting what you devs can find out regarding those crashes. It got me really nervous as it seemed impossible to get Traktor running again...

Regards

Wolfgang

5. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

We fixed some crashes related to loading/analysing tracks in the first couple of 3.4 betas so I am sure its fixed in the meantime. But a developer will have a look.

Best
    Sander