Traktor Pro 3 Link Sync issues

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Daan de Jong, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Daan de Jong

Daan de Jong New Member

Hey Guys,

I am using traktor pro 3 combined with the link function of Soundswitch to have all my lighting fixtures synched using Link in Traktor and Soundswitch.
    The problem I'am having with traktor while using Link is that the decks don't seem to by in synch over time even when the sync function is on all the time. So after 1 track it's off by some seconds (I can tell by looking at the phase meter). So that means that I am constantly correcting the running track.
    Any idea how that's possible or can be fixed?
    It's not a major problem but it's kind of annoying.
    Thanks in advance

2. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

i know that with LINK you can’t use Auto Sumc for Master tempo. so every time i load a track with new tempo i have to SHIFT+SYNC it to be the new master tempo and then it will set the LINK tempo to that and then my SoundSwitch will follow.

is this similar to what your dealing with or does the tempo change on SS to match your Traktor master tempo and it is still getting off?

3. Caleb Grayson

4. MattiMateo

MattiMateo New Member

Please help, I’m trhing to sync traktor with ableton. But I can’t fidn link link button on the traktor GUI. With ableton, the link button is on the main screen at the top left. With newest version of Traktor Pro 3 I cant find the link button on then screen.

5. DigitalPilgrimz

DigitalPilgrimz New Member

Hi MattiMateo

Same here where is the Ableton Link button since I upgraded to from 2.11 to 3.11 its gone ????

Is there a quick answer please Anyone from Native Instruments Please ?

Kind Regards

Matt

6. Caleb Grayson

the LINK button is there. keep looking. try the manual.
    did you enable Link in preferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

Thanks for the tip. I did not know there was a way to force the Master tempo to a deck when using Ableton Link. This could be a work around when I'm playing B2B with another DJ running on Virtual DJ. It was very annoying that I could not easilly set the Abbleton Link tempo.

I still think Traktor should allow Auto Master when using Ableton Link, or at least make that an option. In some use cases you just want one way forced syncing, like when using Ableton Link for your lightshow or for handing over to another DJ when B2B.

8. Caleb Grayson

most definitely!

9. Sussudio

For this reason, I now use Midi sync for my lightshows. The MIDI clock gives a BPM close enough for the lights, but not for syncing with other DJs

10. Caleb Grayson

i used to use that with QLC+, but SoundSwitch has lighting loops with beat sync from LINK.

11. Sussudio

I just tested the shift+sync function. This only sets the Master Clock to the same BPM as the deck you pressed Shift+sync on (also mapped to keyboard shift+U and shift+J). It does still not force Deck A or B to be the Master, so you can still not use your pitchfader to change the Ableton Link tempo. Also this way it does not allow you to use the new colored matching keys function in Traktor 3.2

So now thee are just more reasons for Native Instruments to fix the Ableton Link implementation.

12. Caleb Grayson

try Shift+Sync
    then Sync
    then change tempo

13. Sussudio

After Shift+Sync the BPM from deck is copied to Master Clock
    After Sync the deck is synced to Master Clock
    Changing tempo with pitch fader is not possible while Sync is on
    Setting Deck A or B as Master is not possible while Link is on

The only ways to change tempo while Link is on and Deck is synced to Master Clock, is to click the arrow keys on the Master Clock, or to type in the desired number of BPMs, or to click Tap on the Master Clock. Of course this is not DJ friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Caleb Grayson

i’ve done it before. is this a TP3 issue?

15. Caleb Grayson

16. Sussudio

No not just TP3.
    I tested on TP 2.11 (I already bought the TP3 update, but I do not dare to play with it in public with all the problems I see people are having with it).

I try to understand what you did in the video. You write you use the tempo-encoder to change the tempo on Traktor. But I see on the screen, the deck is not the master and also the deck is synced. As far as I know you cannot use your pitch fader to change the tempo of a deck that is synced and not the master.

So what do you mean with "tempo-encoder" ? Is this the S8 version of the pitch fader? Or is this some knob dat is mapped to changing the Master Clock tempo ?

17. Caleb Grayson

the S8 has an encoder for tempo for each deck and a master encoder for master tempo.

you can use the new override feature i suppose, but i didn’t do that here.

18. Sussudio

So I guess you were using the Master encoder instead of the deck tempo encoders?

19. Caleb Grayson

yes. i guess i syncd the master to the deck and then controlled the master.

so. if you have Deck A as Master, why doesn’t that work? sync no on for deck A, everything else synchronized to it.

20. Sussudio

You can not make Deck A the Master as long as Link is on :-( That is the big problem with NI's implementation of the Ableton Link protocol.
    You cannot sync to a deck that is not the Master, unless you do it by ear :)

• Like Like x 1