1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor pro 3 upgrade?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Alan Murphy, Oct 18, 2018.

1. McNappa

McNappa New Member

wtf...i have a traktor z2 mixer...does this mean i have to pay to upgrade to traktor 3 as it was bought 2 years ago????

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Yes, of course you do. All Traktor updates within the same version are FREE. All Traktor upgrades from version to version are paid.
    Everyone pays. Those people getting a free update are only getting it because they bought the full version within the grace period.

How can you expect a free upgrade after 2 years?

3. Alexmci

Alexmci NI Product Owner

Yeah but the fact they have now emailed me confirmation of the free upgrade, and told me i will get it sometime next week is fine for me.
    Would have been nice to dig in this weekend but what can you do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. McNappa

McNappa New Member

i dont come on these forums often and havent heard about traktor pro 3 so when i came here of course its a wtf moment. no need for sarcasm (thats how i construde your answer) a simple yes you do need to pay is its new software not an upgrade would suffice. i never received one single email till today about traktor 3. as a moderator do you think sarcasm is the best way to treat customers who have spent literally thousands of pounds with this company? do you think that will generate repeat business?
    of course i may be taking the sentence "How can you expect a free upgrade after 2 years?" as sarcastic because words typed on a screen/forum can be taken many ways. a simple answer like Traktor 3 is a completely new version and is not an upgrade of version 2. it is new software and is a new purchase would of sufficed :)

5. sockist

sockist New Member

My ddj-sx2 acts as Mixer, "would" have worked Out.. to the "free upgrade" Guys, use this wording:
    update: Change/fix within a Major Release Version - are Most time free of Charge for products without abo-payment.
    Upgrade: new software / change to new Major Release. This is charged by most companies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. McNappa

McNappa New Member

this guy gets it...should make him moderator ;)

7. Karlos Santos

No sarcasm intended or in fact written, none at all. I took your "wtf" opening and the statement that you only bought TSP 2 years ago as a salvo because that's how it reads. Starting with "wtf" is hardly a passive - but hey, we got there in the end.
    No harm, no foul?

Not really sure of the relevance of the first part or that but no, they are always free. There has never been a charger for updates. I made this clear in my post above.
    Always paid, as I previously said.

I only refer to Traktor.

I know it can be fun trying to trip the moderator up but I've been helping folks with this update all day. I'd appreciate a basic level of respect.

8. McNappa

McNappa New Member

nice one for the reply...bit of miscommunication by both of us. thanks for clearing it up.
    guess its time to try the new software.
    i hope NI have good crack protection as i fear letting anyone use traktor pro 3 might be a bad idea thats why NI introduced the need for certified hardware in the first place. i wont pirate the software as i find it awesome for my needs and even without the discount excellent value for money :)

9. Karlos Santos

Good man.
    Yeah I was torn when NI told me about allowing scratch functionality for any sound card. Many of the users having issues with DVS and more specifically their sound cards have turned out to be using cracked copies and poor quality audio cards.
    I urge anyone wanting reliability from Traktor DVS to use a decent sound card.

TP3 has already been leaked and cracked, I guess was inevitable but we have various ways to detect if a user asking questions on the forum is using a crack. Unfortunately one of the easiest ways was when someone posts a screen shot of their audio settings and it clearly says Traktor Scratch Pro which was only available with an NI sound card or certified mixer. You would be surprised how many people did it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. McNappa

McNappa New Member

while im here..seems as though your a traktor bible editor (excellent book btw). can you answer a question for me that know one so far has answered for me. when using traktor software i have seen lots of DJs use there timecode vinyl to scratch samples on the traktor f1..i am still to this day baffled at how they do it. i too would like to know how i use my technics 1200mk2 to scratch samples off my f1...i also have the z2 mixer. any help would be much appreciated.