Traktor Pro 3: Very Distorted/Slow Sound Output

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by George Hildebrand, Mar 26, 2019.

1. George Hildebrand

George Hildebrand New Member

On March 27/28 (either side of midnight) I updated Windows 10 on my x64 Dell Dedicated "DJ" Laptop.

After doing so, and opening TRAKTOR PRO 3, the sound output was totally distorted and, at times, sounded like it was running in slow motion.. At first I thought something may be wrong with my speakers but quickly troubleshot the issue to determine that the problem was indeed with the signal coming out of my DJ software. YouTube played fine on both my speakers and headphones, but anything played through my DJ software was way awful. I also eliminated the possibility of bad music files by playing them through Windows Media Player, they are fine.

I checked for an update on my TRAKTOR PRO 3 software and did find that an update was available. I successfully installed the update; that appeared to be a FULL update and install, in that it asked if I wanted to keep all my old playlists, paths, etc. . . . which I did.

I have restarted both my laptop and software numerous times and still have DJ software that is no longer functional.

I have a FULL license. The Processor is identified as: x64 (SSE, SSE2, SSE3)

2. George Hildebrand

George Hildebrand New Member

UPDATE: It appears that my issue is with the NI Tracktor Audio 2 external sound card (signal splitting device - Master/Headphones).

Eliminating the device, and routing the sound through the internal sound card, out the headphone jack, and into my speakers results in the perfect sound quality I am used to.

It is known that recent Windows 10 updates were not working well with some NI devices, perhaps this Audio 2 device is one of them.