1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Traktor Pro and an external hard drive

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by zeejack, Jul 7, 2014.

1. zeejack

zeejack Forum Member

Hi guys,

I have a quick question concerning the use of an external hard drive with traktor pro.
    I have all the music files I regularly need to play on my regular hard drive.
    The thing is, from time to time I juggle on reggae/dancehall partys, but thats only 1-2 times a year. So I don't want store all riddims and other releases on my regular drive, because it's simply too much for my flash drive. An external drive is the perfect solution for this, in my opinion.
    Now my question:

When I import all the tunes and riddims into my traktor library, do they disappear from the collection when I unplug the drive?
    Let's say I have 10000 tunes on my regular hard drive, which I frequently use to play my sets, and I import like 50000 reggae/dancehall tunes, which I collected over the last decade, and I unplug my external hard drive... do I still have 60k tunes on my collection, from which 50k are "missing" files??
    That would turn me nuts on my regular gigs.

And if yes, is there a way to work around this problem???

Regards,

Jack.

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

They will all be marked as "missing" when you try and load them, and will not disappear.