New traktor pro not letting me analyse a stem file

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jimmyjamesh, Aug 30, 2018.

1. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

I have reported this months ago - June 10th

NI support are ignoring me - cmon NI this is a shambles, why has it not been fixed on your "premium product"?

Although I still have my D2's I am 90% using rekordbox now due to constant ongoing frustrations with NI

I have been a traktor scratch pro user for 9 years and sold my S2 and S8 due to support frustrations and being left behind by pioneer (in my opinion)

Is this going to be fixed??? it says Your request (#1551958) has been deemed solved. - it clearly has not been fixed and last response was:-

Jul 24, 08:21 CEST

There is no update. There has not been any Traktor update since we last spoke.

Currently the workaround is to downgrade to the 2.11.0 version which you can download from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cltfj8FXMsqK0YrUjyoFuztiWtGeczNi

This will let you play the file.

We will let you know when the fix is available.

Best regards,

2. jimmyjamesh

No response from NI here or on my support ticket!!

Support is f**king weak

3. jimmyjamesh

support still ignoring me - if this doesnt get fixed i'm giving up on traktor

4. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Support can't answer when the bug you reported will be fixed. That's why they mark it as resolved, they can't do anything else for you because these things aren't in their hands

Since you requested on how to file a complaint, I recommend calling, the contact details can be found here

5. jimmyjamesh

so if support cannot resolve a problem its marked as resolved? - that's priceless!

So whose hands is it in if not support?

Thanks for at least responding to me

6. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

That has to do with how their ticket system works. I understand that its weird to see it getting marked as resolved, though even it is, but they have no influence over the bug reports

That would be the Product Owners, they prioritize tasks for the developers. This is dependent on how many people are experiencing a bug. I also dont know the exacts about this

7. jimmyjamesh

I have sent a copy of the affected stem files and NI replicate the fault - this is not exclusive to me and is a fault on the latest build

8. jimmyjamesh

9. jimmyjamesh

This might by a bit cynical, but on the bug reports thread there are reports 4 months old that say new - is it the case that TP2 will get little to no support so we have to upgrade to TP3?

NI cant seem to support one product let alone two

Will the issue be fixed on TP3?

10. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

TP2 and TP3 have the same codebase, so you’re right that TP2 will probably be abandoned. But TP3 will be supported for a few more years until the rewrite has matured, so those issues will probably be fixed in TP3 at some point.

Hopefully we’ll get a list of which issues have been fixed when TP3 is released.

11. jimmyjamesh

Just bought the new nick curly stems release, same issue again

12. Phil @ NI

Phil @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey guys,
    may I quickly jump in - my name is Phil, I am the Head of Product Support at NI.

First of all, I am sorry to hear that some of you recently felt that their recent Support Experience was not satisfying. In order to further investigate this, I would need to have a look into the tickets - so if you have ticket numbers, please send them along.

As Mick already pointed out there are indeed topics that are out of our hands in Customer Service. What we do is to investigate into a reported cases, trying to find solutions and workarounds and also repro scenarios that we enter into dedicated bug reports that are then being sent over to our Product Teams (Product Owners and developers). We also do verification testing on top of that, but I'm sorry to say we cannot resolve this specific issue unfortunately.

We work hard to prioritise customer issues through continuous feedback to NI Product & Development teams.

I hope this clarifies the issue on the Support side of things.

Cheers
    Phil

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  13. jimmyjamesh

Hi Phil

Support ticket 23625, please note the problem remains on Traktor Pro 3

14. Phil @ NI

Thanks Jimmy, but I am afraid that this number seems not a valid support ticket case number. If it's a ticket from the recent past months, it needs to have 7 digits...do you have another reference?

15. jimmyjamesh

OK, try 1551958, James

16. Phil @ NI

That one gives us some data to work on, thank you. I will check it to see what happened there and we'll be in touch.