1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Pro VS Traktor Scratch Pro at first run

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by DjSyle, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjSyle

DjSyle NI Product Owner

Anyone knows why we have to choose between Traktor or Traktor scratch the first time we run Traktor Pro ?
    After installation I started TSP and I choose Traktor (without the scratch) because I did not have any timecoded stuff connected but I am actually using timecoded vinils or CDs sometimes.
    If I restart TSP now I do not have this choice anymore so I wonder if I will have all the Scratch features available. I guess (hope ?) it is just a configuration wizard that I missed so I can still set up later on my Scratch manually.:S

2. garysulter

garysulter NI Product Owner

i think if you go to the help menu (top left, when traktor isn't on full screen) there is the option to run the configuration again... (its around there somewhere anyway!)

3. doeboy

doeboy NI Product Owner

Yes there is a menu option to start the configuration wizard (I think that's what it's called) that will let you re-select Scratch Pro or Traktor Pro.

I think the only difference it makes is the default layout you get and initial configuration. The actual program appears to be the same, and if you go to Preferences and change things around, you can get the same layouts to appear regardless of your selection when you first ran the program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.