Traktor S4 Master Bass Kill

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by endlessvoid, May 7, 2012.

1. endlessvoid

endlessvoid New Member

Is there any way to set up a master bass kill for all 4 channels? Looking for a way to perform smoother bass drops with all 4 channels going... don't see anything in fx that would emulate this. Filters effect the output to dramatically.

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

you could assign a makro hotkey for that.

3. endlessvoid

endlessvoid New Member

How would I assign all 4 low eqs to say my A deck low eq?

4. DJ Freshfluke

you would setup the respective hotkey in the controller manager and learn always the same hotkey/button for that. :)

5. endlessvoid

endlessvoid New Member

Thanks for the response, I've never messed with hotkey assignments so bear w/ me here... In a video Richie Hawtin said that he set up his controller so that he can have loops going all 4 decks and change the lengths of those loops to just completely tear everything up- but as soon as he deactivates the loops the tracks jump right back to having their phrasing aligned... how the hell do you do that?

6. padi_04

padi_04 NI Product Owner

That vid is pretty old, you had to add it to your mapping back then.

Open the prefs pane, transport and set your sync mode to beatsync. If the deck is synced and you exit a loop it will align itself again. Not sure when it changed, but there used to be an option there to turn it on/off. I'm running 2.1.3

7. DJ Freshfluke

yeah, but this would be an easy one...

preferences > controller manager > add in > mixer > EQ > EQ low kill
    click learn, then the hotkey you want to use.
    then choose deck a in assignment and hold or toggle in interaction mode, that's up to your liking.

click duplicate 3 times and change the respective entries to deck b, c and d.

now your hotkey should deactivate the bass on all 4 decks simultanously.

8. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

Asssign all decks to 1 fx module, then just use filter92 (the one without resonance)