Traktor Scratch A6 without Timecode vs Traktor Audio 2.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by eduard turan, Feb 27, 2018.

1. eduard turan

eduard turan New Member

Hey hey.

I have a question. Can I use TSA6 without timecode turned on? I mean only extrenal routing settings connected to HW mixer thru 2 channels?
    Is there any difference in sound quality if I connect timecode, and if i dont ???
    Is there any difference in Audio Traktor 2 and Traktor audio Scratch 6 when we connect it in external mixing mode (I mean sound quality and loundness)

Thanks for any answer.

Eddie.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Sure.

No, shouldn't make any difference. Since Timecode is basically just for playback control of the Decks ...

According to the specs, not really. Although the TA6 can support higher sample rates, using either 44.1 or 48 kHz (which both the TA2 and TA6 support) should be sufficient, in general.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. eduard turan

eduard turan New Member

Thanks.. I feel more secure now :)

Only thing that I noticed is that TSA6 has Maximum Output Level +9.6 dBu, and TA2 has +11.7 dBu, according to specification of Line Output channel. Does this mean, that TA2 has even louder output?

4. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Well, in general, you might be able to achieve a little bit higher max output levels with the TA2.
    But I wouldn't worry too much about specific numbers, since the Audio Interface is not the only thing in your audio signal chain ;)

So I'd suggest to test your setup first with the audio interface you already own to see if this is sufficient for your needs.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018