Traktor Scratch and Ableton Live on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by sijaffer, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

You can create a tempo adjust ment midi-loop that runs in ableton. the midi loop sends a very short pitch bend command to traktor via midi bus on the mac. I use this to keep traktor in time with ableton while ableton is syncing to traktor .. it really works.

2. sijaffer

sijaffer NI Product Owner

Ok, that is good, but why does TS audio stop sometimes, I have to unplug teh A8DJ and re-plug it back again to make get the sounds again from TS.

3. signaturex

i don't know. ... I don't use A8 i use a motu traveler and or the stock sound card in the mac. i don't have problems with this the traveler out puts stack programs without any problems. However if I hot plug a digital stream and cause a sample rate change or disruption of clock source I will get failure of ableton and or traktor.

4. loadammo

loadammo NI Product Owner

I have. But not quite how you mean.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ2jTG7OLss"]YouTube - Scratching in Ableton Live: ammobox[/ame]

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

nice video! :)

6. signaturex

@ loadammo : im confused about exactly what you are doing in the video. In my minds eye: From your video i can understand that you are playing back a loop(s) in LIVE -- and then scratching against the audio(from live) with a dvs system?

Please elaborate.

7. loadammo

loadammo NI Product Owner

Close. The red bars are triggering MIDI which drives a sampler, when it latches the sampler plays back at the speed that the record is moving forward or backward.

8. signaturex

still .. my brain is just blank when You described it. -- 'latches'? the sampler you have described is creating the scratch playback or the loop playback.. .. i just haven't the slightest how this is functioning.. and Im usually pretty addept at understanding things of this nature.. I would actually say that nothing has ever gone beyond me. help.//..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.