1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Scratch and old FS2 amp (yeah again...)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by nik39, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Thank you for the heads up... but shouldn't NI have record of my registration since I did it electronically? What exactly to I need to retain when I sell my FS2 solution?

See the above information is what I have been asking for... THANK YOU! Yeah I did mean 192kbps my apologizes for the confusion. I did notice the better frequency response between the two however my PA from amp to speakers is 20hz-20Khz so I dont know how much of this I would notice. Any thoughts on that?

2. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

You will only notice the frequency response on output if your sound setup supports it. However, on input it's much better for producing and recording. :)

As far as your registration info goes. Here's my explanation (best way I can put it):

You will need to make arrangements with whomever you sell your FS2/SA2 to, to retain control of the registration. Meaning, when you activate FS2, it's stored in your account online with NI. If you remove all registrations/activations from your account, you are no longer eligible for the crossgrade offer.

Lamens terms, you will need to activate the FS2 software for the buyer, and keep the registration in YOUR account. If they setup an account and register the product under their name, you have given up full ownership and are no longer eligible. :) Hope this helps.

Think of it as....leasing a car to someone. They pay for it, but they don't "own" it. Only you aren't limiting their use.

3. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

To fix my previous analysis:

10Hz - 40KHz vs. 20Hz - 20KHz (I believe that makes it right now.)

4. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Yeah that's one reason why the frequency response wouldn't be an overall value for me at this point in time but I do see your point on the input aspect but I already have an audiophile 192 for my recording inputs.

Ok I see what your saying regarding the registration which pretty much limits me from selling this product on ebay. I more or less would be selling a soundcard with no software support. This makes the crossgrade offer completely illogical IMO. Basically I am going to have to find a friend to dump this on so I could retain ownership of the registration. I think NI has all the proof of purchase they need since I already registered with them. To be quite frank this is just another nail in the coffin for me to dump NI completely.

5. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Yea, it does make it a bit frustrating. I kinda argue the fact that once you've registered TS the first time, you shouldn't need to retain your FS2 registration. The whole purpose of upgrading to a new system is to rid yourself of the old one. I do feel that this is something NI should reconsider, as they would probably have more users upgrading to TS and selling their FS2. What I'm unable to understand is the fact that if you are a Serato user, you have to fill out a form in order to be eligible for the crossgrade. Once this is done, they don't have to keep their Serato, they can sell it and not retain any registration info. Why can't we do this with FS2? I would think it would be the same for both sides.

6. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

The viewpoint I have no probelm with. The way it was presented.... not at all cool....

Phil

7. PhilL

To my knowledge and research only one thread has been closed on you, by me, approximately 2 weeks ago. Link Here A duplicate thread was already running with the same message theme posted in two places. One thread was closed. The reasoning behind closure was clearly posted and a forward link to to continue the discussion was posted by me. I cannot speak exactly to the meesages edited or deleted but I do recall quite some flurry of activity surrounding the matter, however based your propensity to not respond to email requests I can imagine email on the earlier matter was sent, but not responded to by you.

Phil

8. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

I honestly don't want to go over and over this but your above statements are completely false. There have been numerous removals of comments I have posted along with having my original thread moved then closed... then reverted back to this thread. There certianly was a flurry indeed and you might want to check with your fellow moderators as to what all was done. I could give you my theory as to why this "Flurry" occured but at this point I would rather just move on. I am sick of having to go over this to explain myself when I shouldn't even be the one doing so... NI should be.

Would you like to expand the crap to 10 pages in this thread to the point where it will be closed and buried as well? For the record I did respond to e-mails you sent me along with the e-mails sent from support which was all of one e-mail.

9. PhilL

Uhmmm no they are not. Read the thread you started and pointed to in your original post. You'll note by way of actual factual evidence that indeed I did close the thread, I did indeed give reasons why I did in fact post the forward link. Where is that completely false?

You have to expect to be put on the spot if you make statements here that are going to be challenged. In this case you are trying to turn what was said into something the facts don't support, you have been called on that. It strikes me that you set the circumstance and then spent an awful lot of time playing innocent victim. Its one thing to make your point about feeling ripped off, yes we do hear that and do sympathize. But it also gets old for forums users really fast when some people play victim over and over and over as you have done since joining here.

The act of me personally not wanting to speak to the issue of whether messages were deleted or not does not actually change the fact that such things may have occurred, It simply qualifies the fact that I do not recall the actual circumstances under which it may have occurred and thus not be in a position to discuss that whole sordid mess. There is a huge difference between denial of it occurring and not recalling the exact cicumstances. So, are we still basing this discussion on the actual facts of my statement? or, some derivation what was assumed to be implied? Its not the first time we have wrangled over that point in the last few days.

Too Late... If there was new subject matter being discussed it would be fine... seems this is just a he said, she said discussion now.

As of Friday I had no response, its possible and likely you only sent the message to support who may have it. If you CC me Quartz or NG on the message we can get it taken care of more quickly and easily than Support and we can get in touch directly with the right people to make it happen.

10. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

The false statements you made were not regarding my original post but the fact that topics posted and comments of mine have been removed. There was certainly forum gameplay going on and you even addressed this by stating there was a "Flurry" surrounding all of this. I am honestly too tired to care right now... I dont feel I should be the one defending my opinion or the right to express it on a public forum. I would much rather just have a simple question and answer thread similiar to the one below...

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=48568

I did e-mail customer service and they responded with a link to a version of Traktor 3 that will work with my scratchamp. I am waiting to purchase this software upgrade at this point as I am debating on whether or not I even want to give another penny to NI. I certainly wouldn't pay the $120 for a no longer supported piece of software, and this is why I have been asking a lot of questions about Traktor scratch and what not. I might as well take the $120 and put it towards the TS crossgrade offer and save for the upgrade to Traktor 3 when it is finally released. If I am going to invest again in NI then I want to make sure it is a solid investment.

In response to your comments regarding supported facts... I must say that the only BSing I have seen has come from the direction of NI and NI fanboys. If my intentions are truly ill willed then I would be having a hay day right now. The only questionable intentions I have seen have been on Native's end plain and simple. At least I will man up and admit when I am wrong... that is more than I can say for the moderators of this forum and the company they represent.

11. Dijibuddha Magnetik

Dijibuddha Magnetik NI Product Owner

I'm not here....

Hey Phil,
    I'm trying to send you a PM but appently "Your administrator has disabled private messaging"
    Was this spite against me or is private messaging just bonkered?

ahh..feck it,here ya go,a public PM...

Hey Phil,I am sorry if I caused you grief.
    I however really fail to see how my words were inappropriate considering the circumstances.
    Everybody keeps telling me my questions have been answered.However they never were.
    All I got was answers to other peoples own interpretation of what my questions were,or something like that.
    To me it is blindingly obvious what is actually going on behind the scenes with this issue
    and I think it is ridiculous that certain people continuously ignore my very valid questions and try to reroute my attentions to putting the blame on Stanton or just completely provide an answer that was not a result of the question...

And quite honestly this has not been about me being miffed about having to spend a few more dollars.This has been about me being miffed about NI,as I see it, painting a misleading picture as a business tactic in the hopes that no one would notice.It does not sit well with me to be taken advantage of!

But enough of that,if you have read my posts properly then you know exactly how I feel.

Just for the record,the straw that broke the camels back was Spyral's deciding I needed a classroom lesson on Stanton and NI's doings.Following that up with the comment "Sorry for the link mods, but apparently this guy needs to get a clue" just really pissed me off!Especially after how well I had just recently rearticulated the questions that I was actually asking because it seems as though nobody reads anything before they post!

Oh,and native girls completely deaf dumb and blond responses sure haven't helped my feelings about the the general level of conciousness to be found on these forums.

I however,did not direct my negative comments at any one specific individual and I have to say that anyone whom personaly took offence to them may have their own **** to work out.

Anyways,I get the feeling you're one of the "good guys" (though strangely sidestepping my inquiries also) and I'm sure we wouldn't be shouting at each other face to face.
    I'm sure it's a common syndrome,but anonymous internet-selves do tend to get a little riley.
    So apologies again.I have never really meant you any animosity and I am done with NI for the time being but hopefully if we do cross paths again it
    won't be with battle axes:)

Diji

edit:
    I really hope NG isn't really blonde 'cause this was supposed to be a private message...

12. PhilL

You should be able to send me email, the private messaging system seems to have a mind of its own. sometimes I can send private messages sometimes I cannot. We'll get that looked at.

Fear Not, you are not alone in that frustration mate, (and this annoyance is not actually directed at you) I can't count the times in the last few months the things I've written on contentious matters have been reinterpreted to fit other users opinions or perceptions of fact In many cases completely reversing my opinion and meaning. I try to write what I mean so it can be taken at face value. It pi$$es me off to find users reinterpreting a deeper or alternate meaning that was never stated or intended just so that it agrees with their opinion or domain view of the matter or it fits _their_ altered perception of the facts as they occurred. It generically comes down to this... "If the facts and evidence are against ya don't go reinventing what your opponents have said or done to make your case look better, revisionist history ends up making the revisors look stupid, all in the name of making the revisor feel better about their situation, change the practice, not the history."

On the sidestepping issue, Yes, I'm indirectly doing so, and its worth noting this. I'm moderating this discussion and you may have noticed I'm staying away from the policy discussion now. I found it impossible to moderate effectively when I had a dog in the fight, especially when everyone was reinterpreting my dog to be a 20 year old tootless 1 legged pacifist, half blind Chihuahua. I dodn't set N.I. policy but was being treated on the forums as if I did. That I chose to champion the policy, it turns out was a bad choice on my part. It was especially so when the Certified mixer announcement was made at Messe. Its a great idea I think, and I found out about it at roughly the same time y'all did. At that time it became clear that I needed to moderate and let NI get on with the job of product development and marketing. It doesn't mean I don't support NI because I do, it simply means I make sure discussions don't get totally bent out of shape and will request NI input and involvement on matters of policy, product questions I cannot answer or on marketing matters. FWIW I have not done so here because the questions were answered formally in earlier discussions and the answers have not changed, New questions have arisen and those questions have been answered, new ones are being asked all the time. Its likely that some people will not like the distinction I'm making on this, but tough luck thats what it is...

I mostly write in a very casual spoken word style, I do it because I translate what I would say to someone to someone to text. I make it a practice to _never_ write that which I would not say to someone face to face. That is not the case with some here. The isolation and physical seperation does NOT excuse people writing in obviously abusive tones and leveraging the fact that no one can reach out and B!tchslap them for getting totally out of line. The interesting point ids the the agressor may feel better about their case but the reality is that the agressor looses credibility bigtime with the general forum population and that then means their case that may otherwise have merit gets slammed and the whole argument gets sh!t-canned. sure these matters are contentious nothing in that though excuses in-civility.

she is actually, And a very smart cookie with it.... See, this is one of those cases where you should _never_ write that which you wouldn't say in person... its likely you're gonna see a yellow card on this, and well you should, the insult was both out of line and totally un-nescessary. The one person who could or would champion your cause and you kicked her in the shins, Its not the best move you could have made...
    "Make allies not enemies, of influencers and those who effect change..."

Phil

13. Dijibuddha Magnetik

This is brilliant advice that I should really try to take advantage of in my next incarnation...
    ...my hole is dug way too deep now.
    But in all honestly,based on my frustrating experiences with NG thus far I would be quite happy to to have a little honest face to face,though I feel it is unlikely she would any better be able to carry on an unbiased thoughtfull dialogue in person...unless of course all I really know about her is how she acts in a position of supposed power during internet dialogues.Not at all helpfull or considerate and not all non abrasive!

Anyways,I really am over extending my stay here...

14. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

prove me wrong, but AFAIK you need to be registered FS or traktor user at the time you buy the crossgrade - but once you have it, you can sell your FS or traktor, just like with ssl.

15. DJ Freshfluke

i wish we could!

indeed it saddens me reading that you're frustated with me.

i started the forums moderation, since i wanted to help users and nobody else did (hobbes was in the traktor board at that time, but as vinylist, my heart was beating for the FS board) and now, after 4 years of doing so i still want to help users.

there are certain points i can't do anything. especially when it comes down to legal things. do you really think i would be allowed to post parts of a companies contract to another?

so i never can *prove* that it was stanton who pulled the FS-plug out of traktor, the only thing i can say is: read the signs.

there are other things regarding the NI-stanton cooperation i know and experienced by myself i am just not allowed to share.

if i missed any questions from you that i'm able to answer i'd be happy to answer.

p.s.: the *blond* wasnt hurting me, but the *deaf and dumb*. if you knew only me bit, you wouldnt never have said that.

16. Dijibuddha Magnetik

Well,.my apologies to everyone that I may have rubbed the wrong way.I guess we are all somewhat in over our heads here and it is wrong for me to pass judgement on someone I've never even met.
    It is a little too easy sometimes to let just a few negative points overshadow all the good that has been done.
    I do appreciate that we have had this forum to express ourselves and that others have been willing to share their own personal time in order to help it all happen.
    I ultimately wish though that NI would participate a little more directly with their customers.It would make things a liitle warmer around here and most certainly help take the load off the forum admins.

Even if I weren't still truly choked at NI,I really don't think the upgrade path works for me anyways.I regularily play casually with several friends who also use FS2 as well as regular vinyl.Things get complicated enough when we want to play ones or threes as we often do.Lot's of firewire cable swapping is bad enough without one of us using an entirely different interface.
    I really don't see daisy chaining phono devices as being a good idea and I am unaware of any such thing as a lossless phono splitter that would keep the original phono signal intact for vinyl use as well as supply each device with a clean phono signal...
    ...but that's an entirely different discussion I suppose.

17. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

just for kicks i went to the stanton site to see if anything has changed. just curious whether NI knows it is still the link to download finalscratch 2 updates. you'd think stanton could host their own by now.

18. DJ Freshfluke

agreed and forwarded.

19. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Message to "rapedFSuser"

To "rapedFSuser" -

I am not sure whether you read the emails that moderators sent you about this, but we need to do something about your username.

Several forum members here have taken issue with the notion of "rape" that your username implies, and speaking on behalf of NI, we also consider this account name overly offensive.

Please suggest another username that you would like to use for your future participation in this community. I can make the technical changes to your account. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, Thomas

20. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

No, I have not even checked the e-mail attached to this username... and was not aware of this issue. I haven't even posted in a few days as I have been out of town and busy. I think it is quite humorous though however that my username got the attention of NI when valid points are blown off daily on this user forum. I think better time could be spent fixing actual issue's brought up and or questions asked.

Either way I think I will let the user's who are offended by my username post below what they think it should be changed to...

Please accurately describe what has actually happened to the userbase of Final Scratch... without the corporate spin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.