::TRAKTOR Scratch Computer Optimization Tips::

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by DJ Freshfluke, May 11, 2007.

1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

besides the optimization tips in the manual or the OS X tutorial on the NI website, here are some more hints to improve your performance software-wise.

every bullet saves about 5% ...

* disable Waveform (double click deck header to minimize the decks
    * disable Phase meter (in Preferences/Appearance/Wave Display Options disable "Phase Meter")
    * disable Key Lock
    * turn off Limiter (in Recorder and Master Panel "L")
    * disable Scope (use "Playback" or "Browse" view to hide the Scopes
    * Filter (set all effects and Filters to "THRU")
    * in T3: disable the details

hope this helps here and there... ;)

2. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

The limiting and the tru for the filter did help me the other day... :cool:

3. DJTTee

DJTTee Forum Member

Glitches

Hi guys--

I've been on TS for about a week. So far, so good. However, one of the main reasons behind my purchase was the high-quality Audio 8, which is an awesome card so far. I'm running a fairly strong laptop and am getting slight glitches though. I've tried going through all the setting in the Audio 8 latency Control Panel. The glitches come at 1ms or 30ms; makes no difference. Any thoughts?

I've got a Dell Inspiron 6000, 1.6 Pentium with 2 GB RAM. I've been playing on Traktor 3 & iTunes without issues for a while now, but just went to TS.

Thanks

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Do you have your wireless enabled while using TS.

My laptop will glitch if I have wireless turned on. Turn it off and the audio is clear without problem.

5. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

Same here, NI blaims vista for it, but the sound its just horrible compared to TDJS 3, even using the audio 8dj on both programs, it just doesnt sound right.... it seems the way it tracks the time code with CDs because last night i was playing with it and the sound gets a lot worst when im pitch blending, so last night I was playing one track and started to use the pitch blend faster and slower and it sounds like crap, kind off like a cell phone with poor signal....

6. DJ Freshfluke

you should write to support and explain your issue more detailed. from what i read i dont understand what happens on your machine, nor did i see anything similar that would help me understand...

7. DJTTee

DJTTee Forum Member

****UPDATE
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. It drives me nuts when I can't figure something out.

So in my experimenting, I found that using Master Tempo on my CDJ-1000mk3, I get slight glitches like I explained. If I lock the tempo on the CD players, no glitches. So if I disable it and use MT on Traktor (Key Lock), it's cleaner. I do studio work, and it sounded too much like artifacts on a time-stretching job, so that's what made me try this.

Can anyone verify this? I'll write to Tech Support too. I have a pretty strong feeling it's related to the Tempo tracking off the CDs.

8. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

AFAIK, by using Master Tempo or an equivalent on *any* CD player in combination with time-coded CDs, you run into problems - the time-code engine cannot properly track the changed signal coming from the CD player, as it isn't simply faster or slower (and accordingly lower or higher in frequency).

Thus: No Master Tempo when playing Time-Code!

9. DJTTee

DJTTee Forum Member

Now THERE"S an optimization tip. Thanks a lot, Audio. Makes perfect sense when you break it down.

I used Key Lock on TS last night. No probs.

10. jph0969

jph0969 NI Product Owner

Dell Laptop

Just read an earlier message posted to this string, and I wanted to add my two cents.

I recently bought a Dell laptop to run Traktor Scratch. Before I loaded Traktor Scratch, I ranthe latency test that Native INstruments suggests under the section on tips in the TS manual. I was gettnig a sppike in the latency every 17 ms.

After turning off the wireless hardware and optimizing the laptop as per the TS manual, I still had the latency spike. After almost a week of messing with the laptop, I finally found the source of the problem.

It was the dvd/cd drive which was causing the spike. I turned it off using the device manager, and it works great now--no more spikes.

What i'm getting at here is that you need to turn off EVERYTIHNG not essential to running TS and keeping your laptop on.

Hope this helps.

11. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Sounds like a BUS issue with DELL laptops....hence the reason I've NEVER bought a dell.

12. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

wow, that's something :)
    what model is that ?

13. jph0969

jph0969 NI Product Owner

Dell Inspiron 640M

14. consumer

consumer Forum Member

Hello,

Where is the OSX tutorial on the NI website? I've looked all over for it with no luck...

thanks!

15. DJ Freshfluke

16. consumer

consumer Forum Member

thanks native_girl!

17. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

18. JuanSOLO

JuanSOLO Forum Member

No playback?

I have recently installed Leopard OSX
    I optimized my computer.

TS was working fine Last night.

Now for some reason I get not playback. I push the play buttons on the decks and the wave form does nothing. It will not play. If I put my needle on the record Nothing happens. I cannot select the green scratch button on the deck either.

What happened?

19. nsgtr34

nsgtr34 New Member

reinstall audio8 drivers?

20. rekh

rekh Forum Member

people, read the f*****g manual!

that's my best optimisation tips .. ;)