1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7.1 ASIO4ALL Bug

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Leafie, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Leafie

Leafie New Member

There is a bug in Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7.1 that causes timecode to be disabled when using ASIO4ALL as the audio device in proxy to an Audio 6.

I filed it as a bug, but is there a work-around/patch in the meantime?

Thanks.

2. Jackpot Slot Machine

Jackpot Slot Machine NI Product Owner

It's not a bug ... ASIO4ALL will NEVER work with DVS ... maybe you should read the site before posting. Use the supplied Audio 6 driver then it will work.

3. Leafie

Leafie New Member

The supplied driver doesn't meet my needs, anyway who on earth would design software like that?

I don't have time to read all through all the tales of woe. I was hoping NI might repond.

I'll wait for NI to respond with a fix or not. If not I'll bung it on eBay.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Jackpot Slot Machine

put it on eBay then, it has never worked with DVS and will never work in the future, it's not even a real ASIO driver, it's a wrapper for the windows internal mixer ... I hate to say this but read the manual before shouting at NI .. others wouldn't be so polite.

The A6 driver is a real ASIO driver, low latency and allows DVS ...

5. Leafie

Leafie New Member

Yawn.

6. Jackpot Slot Machine

really, that's the best you can do?

Do you even know what ASIO is ? Why are you trying to use a piece of freeware over a dedicated driver designed specifically to create a low latency DVS path? You must be a complete knob .. Sell your TSP and Audio6 and go back to pirated VDJ ... I understand they use ASIO4ALL.

This thread needs closing.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. BiCho_Tf

BiCho_Tf NI Product Owner

From what I remember, I was able to use the DVS using the ASIO4ALL driver, which works not only better than the official driver, but gives less latency than what OS X can do.

I will try to check again later, and come back with the results...

8. Leafie

Leafie New Member

Thanks BiCho_Tf!

Any extra information appreciated.

9. BiCho_Tf

BiCho_Tf NI Product Owner

Well it seems that the DVS can't be used with the ASIO4ALL driver after all, you can use timecode only with an official driver. This looks like a software limitation, not a bug.

It's a shame really, since you can get to lower buffer settings using ASIO4ALL than the official driver.

10. Leafie

Leafie New Member

Thanks BiCho_Tf. I've heard back from NI too.

They say it's intentional, but don't say why.

11. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

ASIO4ALL is hacked solution for getting WDM soundcards to work with ASIO applications. It just wraps the WDM driver up in an ASIO wrapper. I'm not surprised that NI don't support it, not least because it would mean that ANY soundcard running ASIO4ALL could run the DVS.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  12. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

It's intentional because timecode is only intended to work with "Traktor Scratch Certified Hardware".

• Like Like x 1