Traktor Scratch Vs. SSL

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by johnjohn94, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjohn94

johnjohn94 NI Product Owner

Is anyone of Nemonic, or Phil or Native knows if traktor Scratch will have the same future fonction that SSL: when you have KeyLock actived it will auto turn off when u spin.

It's a great improvement in my opinion...

Maybe one day we will be able to scratch with Keylock activated (like with CDJ1000 and master tempo)....

DJ Anakine

Macbook Black Edition Core2Duo 2Go 160G0
    T3.2.080
    FS2
    CD1000 MK3
    Ecler NUO5

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I personally think the auto-off on the Keylock should be an option.

I've read about SSL turning off automatically and asked the question what happens when you have to cue your track?

That means you would have to mess around with turning it on and off all the time which would be pointless.

I just set K as the hotkey, which toggles keylock on the focused deck.

But for people who want it to turn off automatically it could be implemented as a setting.

3. johnjohn94

in fact I really like to scratch with keylock actived and have a nice sound...
    Why with CDJ1000 u can have this and not with a computer... The CPU of a CDJ1000 is more powerful than mine?
    Do you think one day they will realize it?

Snif

4. djquartz

If the CDJ is doing Key Lock through a DSP chip, it's a big difference with doing it through software.

But seeing what NI can do in software is amazing already so it will get there with time.

5. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

I would assume it is because when you press down on the plate it temporarily disables the Master Tempo on the CDJ. Once you you lift your hand it activates it again. On Traktor, it probably wouldn't know when you are scratching.

6. djquartz

This would be useful during cueing and scratching. It has been forwarded.

I'm not sure if SSL turns Key Lock back on after releasing the control vinyl but that's how it should work.

It wouldn't be that difficult to implement actually. All Traktor has to do is detect when the Timecode is interrupted. Then it can disable Key Lock and then when a continuous stream of Timecode is detected it can turn Key Lock back on.

For me personally I would like this to be a toggled option. So if it doesn't work accurately you could disable it.

7. johnjohn94

Ok thx

I don't know that the CDJ1000 works like that.

So it wil be easy for NI or or other companies to reproduce this system

8. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

How's that?

NI doesn't have anything to do with the CDJ or tunrtable you're using, and none of the CDJs or turntables I know of send out MIDI messages on platter touch (or at all actually).

9. johnjohn94

NOOOOOOOO.........`

I'm jsut saying that it will be a good improvement if NI introduce the auto unlock keylock when you scratch like in SSL 1.7

I know that with my CDJ any SW can detect a pression on the plate.

10. johnjohn94

Sorry it's

I know that with my CDJ any SW CAN'T detect a pression on the plate.

11. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

Traktor Scratch will have this feature, it is currently in the Beta version & works extremely well.

So the final answer to this question is YES Traktor Scratch has 'auto-keylock-off' when scratching.

12. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Tried it at the Musikmesse, scratch detection works quite well with Keylock. Hats off. Same goes for the keylock algorithm. Sounds very good even with large offsets, superiour to the SSL keylock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.