1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Scratch vs. Traktor 3

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djquartz, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I have a serious question...

Is Traktor Scratch is just Traktor 3 with two decks instead of four?

What features have been removed from Traktor Scratch exactly?

Where am I going with this right?

If Traktor Scratch is pretty much identical to Traktor 3 that would be a good thing.

2. FJDJ

FJDJ NI Product Owner

Im with you, I love traktor 3 and all its feauters, specially that you can pre listen a track without uploading it to a deck.

Does traktor scratch includes this?

3. Mike Bull

Mike Bull New Member

I'd like a bit more clarification on exactly what you can do with Traktor Scratch too.

As far as I can tell (I may be totally wrong as I'm not exactly a technical wizrd!!), there are four line outputs on the new scratch box compared with the two on my Final Scratch box. What I'd really like to be able to do is to have four decks running, two using timecoded vinyl to play full tracks and two additional decks playing directly from my laptop to use for loops and acapellas etc.

Is this possible, does Traktor Scratch have four decks or just two, will the new system work with Traktor 3 or must it be used with Traktor Scratch....

So many questions!!

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

The Traktor Scratch platform is compatible with Traktor 3.

5. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

Does anyone know if Traktor 3.2.1 has to be updated to make it compatible to the scratch system or is this already included in the version that doesn´t support fs2???

thx in advance.

6. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

thx guys.. found it in the other thread....

7. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

no, there are some more limitations.

can't tell you now, will be announced soon.

there will be an updated T3 version that contains scratch compatibility similar to like it was with FS compatibility.

then you can even use 4 timecoded decks, although only 2 can be timecode controlled at one time - but you can switch seamlessly from one mode to the other.

8. NDDJs_Doc

NDDJs_Doc New Member

to be crystal clear...

NG, I appreciate all of the responses you have posted. I hope you have time for one more (or anyone else that knows the answer). I want to make sure I understand this...I am currently using Traktor 2.x with a keyboard. I want to use digital turntables for scratching and effects. Will I be able to use Traktor 3.3 to scratch? I don't want to sacrifice the features of Traktor 3.3 and don't want to buy both. Also, will Traktor 3.3 require the Audio 8 box if scratching is possible?

I have been reading these posts for the last 3.5 hours and couldn't find the exact answer I wanted. Everything is starting to get blurry.

Will I be able to use my stored cue points with turntables?

9. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Ooooooooooh give em what they want. Let's put it this way, take the stability and look of TDJS 3.x and the functionality of FS2, with the Xone:92 features, beatjump, and other kewl tinkertoys that are in TDJS 3.x, and thats traktor scratch. However, the internal mixer has been removed, as well as 2 of the decks. Other things removed in Traktor Scratch:

> You cannot customize the readouts in the decks, for example, in TDJS3 you can have 6 readouts (BPM, Time Remaining, Time Running, etc.) It's simply narrowed down to a WAY more accurate BPM, and the time remaining.

> At the present moment you cannot customize the top bar (Where Beatjump, Loop Editor, and all the junk goes). It's all preset to 4 pages, however I see this changing.

> External Sync is not available. Not sure if it will be re-implemented.

A few of these things I can see changing, however I believe that TS will remain 2 decks, since TDJS3.3 will have 4 as it's previous versions have.

NDDJs_Doc -> As far as I am aware, certain mixers are Traktor Compatible/Approved. So in a sense, no, the A8DJ is NOT required. However, as far as I can tell, it IS required for Traktor Scratch.

10. DJ Freshfluke

you need to have both products (TS and T3.3) to make use of the advanced features of T3 and the scratch functionalities.

if you buy a certified mixer, you still have to buy the scratch upgrade.

regarding cue points/ collection/ beatgrids etc. pp. - no info gets lost, it's compatible.

does that help?

11. NDDJs_Doc

NDDJs_Doc New Member

Thanks Spyral & NG for your responses. A lot of the things that Spyral mentioned as being removed from TS I don't use regularly. The 4 decks would be nice but I have gotten used to using 2. I wish I would have known about the certified mixer option. I just bought a new mixer yesterday. Is there a mixer list on this board or elsewhere?

NG I am new to scratching on the computer. I was looking to find out if I load the song into the TDJS or TS deck, will the CD turntable know that the first cue point is 45 seconds in or will I need to program it each time I play the song.

I guess in the general scheme of things buying both products isn't extremely expensive. I have my cheap moments and don't like to buy things I don't need.

Thanks for your quick responses.

12. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=tscratchcertified_us

13. NDDJs_Doc

NDDJs_Doc New Member

14. DJ Freshfluke

hmmm, i'm not sure, i understand your question, but if you're asking, whether you can save cue points in tracks like in T3, then the answer is yes.

15. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Quick question Spyral... Are you able to change the mixer to the DJM600 and Rane like T3? Not that I would change from the Xone but I was just curious.

Thanks for all the information by the way... I wish I could have tried it at WMC at the Remix hotel.

16. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

As stated before, there isn't an internal mixer. However, the built in effects are still there. You can choose to send them thru the aux sends or thru the main channels. Which is kind of a nice feature.

17. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Sorry I am running a little slow today... was at the club way to late. ;-) I guess the only thing you would be changing would be the effect section and I guess the xone92 would be the best of the group for this anyhow. I just used to have a DJM mixer and liked the fact that Traktor 3 was able to switch between mixers. I plan on upgrading to T3 anyhow so I guess it doesnt matter either way at that point... deedeedee.

18. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Yes, the X92 effects are stilllllllllll there. Thank god.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.