Traktor Scratch with only one Turntable?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by BassBoss, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

^^I use my Audio8 with iTunes, run my Mac sounds through it if I'm watching a DVD and want to pump it from my DJ console, and when using Logic, Reason, or any of my editing programs. You just have to select which channel to output the sound through, not just select the card.

2. TeLLy

Have you checked and double-checked the multicore cable connections? Sounds like the phono cable is unplugged.

I don't know what to tell you, have you got any insert effects on? My vinyl sounds just fine passing through phono or using the bypass mode (Input Select), but it IS a little quiet, a fix has been requested.

Check your sound preferences, just select the proper channel outputs for the Audio8.

3. epidemic001

epidemic001 Forum Member

can't believe I never thought of doing this myself.
    I have 2 record decks but can only scratch with my left hand, so being able to switch any track to the right is perfect for me.

4. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

So you're saying you're not an ambi-turner?

[​IMG]

5. epidemic001

epidemic001 Forum Member

hahaha! unfortunately not :lol:

6. Graphx

Graphx New Member

OK cool. Do you have to re-route every time you switch from DJing to say music production. Because I can get them both working but only independently after swapping cables and redirecting the output in the midi prefs (i'm on a mac).

For DJing I have...
    Mac(select output 1-2 internally)>Audio8>DJ mixer to powered monitors via mixer master out.

For music production I have to do this...
    Mac(select output 5-6 internally and plug monitors into output 5-6)>Audio8>Powered monitors

I'd like to have it set up so I don't have to re-route (both physically and through software) every time. How are you achieving this?

Thanks

7. Graphx

Graphx New Member

Checked many times. Faulty cable maybe? Is it to do with the fact I'm doing this single turntable mode?

Insert effects? Is that a software thing? If so I will have to check. I wouldn't mind it if it was just a little quiet but there is way less bass, the EQing sounds different.

I have done. I seem to be only able to select one stereo pair at a time though (hence the above re-routing) is this correct? There are 4 different streams (I think they were called). Every time I change one it changes the other three to the same stereo pair.

8. Graphx

Graphx New Member

Support is a bit of a joke really. I don't really want to have to ring America and I can't use the technical support unless I register which I don't want to do as I may be returning the product if I can't get it to work. Pretty poor.

Telly if you or anyone could tell me how they have there system wired up and there software configuration that would be great. Thanks.

9. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

@ Graphx

Start a new post for the issues you are having with a complete breakout of what your using and how the software is configured.

This is a configuration problem not a hardware problem.

10. Graphx

Graphx New Member

OK. Thanks will do.

11. Graphx

Graphx New Member

Do you use Traktor 3 by any chance? Just noticed that Traktor 3 has routing options in the prefs. Why the hell are these not in the Traktor Scratch software?

12. TeLLy

Why the hell would you need it in TS? There are only 2 channels in TS and only channels 1/2 and 3/4 have phono preamps (and can take a phono timecode).

13. heydj

heydj Forum Member

Hey how do I use the search feature? Are you talking about the search feature in the forum?

14. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

The forum search can be found at the top of the forum in the grey bar.

15. X-ACTO

X-ACTO New Member

this is not working with TSP is it? I mean it's just not as simple as that...

I've managed to get it working with actually quite a few steps (I assigned to MIDI but it's the same with keyboard...):

CONTROL (CHANNEL) <TYPE> [BUTTON OPTIONS] {ASSIGNED}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assign Deck to Scratch Control (Deck A) <direct> [input channel A] {MIDIkey1}
    Assign Deck to Scratch Control (Deck B) <direct> [input channel B] {MIDIkey1}
    Assign Deck to Scratch Control (Deck B) <direct> [input channel A] {MIDIkey2}
    Assign Deck to Scratch Control (Deck A) <direct> [input channel B] {MIDIkey2}

I had to do this so that when using the end of the record for browsing the playlist the track doesn't load on both decks... I think this is stupid... It should automatically only load on the deck that is being used with external control at the moment... I figure that the software is coded to load the tracks onto the player that has the SAME input as when the record was being used to play music before browsing, so if you don't configure things the way I did, You end up getting the track loaded onto both decks (intant doubles).

then...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scratch Mode INT/REL/ABS (Deck A) <direct> [relative mode] {MIDIkey1}
    Scratch Mode INT/REL/ABS (Deck B) <direct> [internal mode] {MIDIkey1}
    Scratch Mode INT/REL/ABS (Deck B) <direct> [relative mode] {MIDIkey2}
    Scratch Mode INT/REL/ABS (Deck A) <direct> [internal mode] {MIDIkey2}

hope it helps anyone...

16. X-ACTO

X-ACTO New Member

why isn't scratch control instantaneous when switching deck scratch control from one deck to another? it only responds a 1 or 2 seconds after... ?
    ---
    hmm.. problem solved in version 1.1.1
    use only the following MIDI commands:

Assign Deck to Scratch Control (Deck A) <direct> [input channel A] {MIDIkey1}
    Assign Deck to Scratch Control (Deck B) <direct> [input channel A] {MIDIkey2}

17. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

in TSP it's even easier...

just set up hotkeys for relative playback mode - the other deck will jump into internal playback mode automatically. in the prefs you have to assign all decks to deck a (or b, if you want to) too.
    that's how i use 3 decks with only 2 physical turntables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.