1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Scratch with Vestax VCI-100

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by *FSuser*, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

I know that I am unable to control 4 decks simultaneously using the NI A8/TS solution and that I still have to toggle. I am curious if I could use the Vestax VCI-100 controller to run two of the virtual decks along with the Traktor scratch system simlultaneously!

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i'm working on getting a 4-channel mixer and the vci, to exactly try this out...

i would assume so, but i wouldnt bet my ass so far.

3. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

So possibly with one of the Traktor Scratch certified mixers such as the Korg zero4 this could be possible?
    I guess I am not understanding why the capability is not there to control 4 virtual decks simultaneosly in Traktor. Even when using hardware that should be capable of this... whether it be the TS DVS solution and a VCI-100 working together or even just using the Korg zero4 midi control functions.

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

maybe it's just a horsepower problem.

would sound the most logic to me - you would have to raise the system specs alot, which would exclude a lot of users, which from a business side isnt very clever.

but i'm just guessing here.

5. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

I guess this is somewhat understandable considering no other DVS solution currently offers 4 virtual decks. I guess I can see a sub 2Ghz system with 1Gb choking on four simultaneously decks using timecode control. Then again I dont see any reason why this same system would have system resource issues using midi control to run the virtual decks. The hardware we have available to use with traktor should be capable of this... could we find out more information from the developers possibly as to why Traktor 3 is unable to do so?

How many in house developers does NI have dedicated to Traktor?

6. Sean

Sean Forum Member

Midi control is much less processor intensive than time code control I'd guess.

7. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

Using T3 with a Midi-Controller definitely made use of less PCU-power on my laptop than using T3 with Final Scratch 2.

However I guess that a 4-decks-solution need not force you to use 4 decks as using T3 does not force you to use 4 software-decks.
    Anyway a 4 decks-DVS could be one of the next steps for NI to leave the competition behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.