1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Traktor X1 MK1 issue

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by dreadfort, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dreadfort

dreadfort New Member

HI there.

I bought the controller Traktor X1 MK1 a few years ago. Right now i am having a major issue with my controller. I was djing a few days ago, and the controller turned into a xmas tree. When I tried to push some of the buttons they did not react, but they kept on glowing. I have tried to disconnect the X1 and plug it back, but then the controller doesn't seem to glow (or work at all). I have also tried all USB ports, 2 different cables, different laptop and the newest traktor 3, all the same, without any success.

Here is a video teaser, that shows the exact problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZL4nifx5uDwycCi2GASfjTOjh9ij2EIM/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

I've seen lately (in the last two seeks or so) strange problems with X1 controllers that I've not seen in the last years owning those. Basically those just seem to freeze after couple of minutes and it does not matter if you are actually using those or not.
    OSX HighSierra + Traktor 2.11.3 + Traktor Audio 8 + 2*X1 MK1

PS. My guess is that there is some changes in the USB stack for OSX since I've seen more and more USB related problems with NI hardware in the past weeks.