Traktor X1 MK3

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by hellnegative, Jul 3, 2019.

1. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

Is it on the horizon?

2. Bibeaux

Bibeaux NI Product Owner

I hope so... Been planning on buying an X1 for some weeks now, but would hate it if shortly after my purchase an MK3 pops up :)

3. hellnegative

I almost did, but luckily Zzounds only had 1 in stock. I never went ahead with the purchase, due to wanting two. Can't find any shops I frequent with that have either two or even one in stock. None of them have a timeline for re-stocking. Makes me wonder if NI is killing the controller altogether or developing an MK3?

4. Bibeaux

Bibeaux NI Product Owner

That was exactly what I was thinking

• Like Like x 1
  5. stupa

stupa New Member

I love the X1mk2 but can't really think of any new features aside from adding a soundcard.
    What would you guys add/change?

6. hellnegative

Te
    The screens from the S4 MK3 for one. Designated buttons for Key play. An extra pair of knobs and buttons for the Filter FX. Recessed USB Port. Full RGB on all buttons.

• Like Like x 2
  7. stupa

stupa New Member

I would love access to the new filter FXs :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

So the X1 mkii don't even fully work with TP3? You cannot access effects?

9. hellnegative

We are referring to the filter/color FX not the FX section.

10. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

I'm new here and just looking for help with hardware to use with Traktor Pro 3 but it seems current hardware out from NI don't fully work with tp3 other than the 2 new controllers is that correct or am I missing something? I just want to fully control 4 decks and effects in tp3 with a xone 96 but d2 and x1 don't fully work?? what are we suppose to use for TP3 controllers only?

11. hellnegative

The D2 was discontinued. The two newest controllers from NI are the only two that have 100% matching functionality to the current version of the software.

12. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

.. And that is what my problem is, one year on for TP3 and still no update with a D3 or X2 to fully utilise TP3.

13. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

The D2 and X1 are Deck controllers, they do not control the mixer section of Traktor. The Filter and Mixer FX are part of the mixer section.

14. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

so how does a dvs xone 96 user access them .. you should have dedicated hardware for it other than the s4mk3 which is a pointless purchase for a turntable dvs user with a xone 96 mixer, what a waste just to control the tp3 mixer color effects etc

15. hellnegative

The X1 MK2 is also missing the ability control key play. That aside, not many retailers have them in stock anymore. We still never got confirmation if NI is still making them? I haven't found a retailer that has two in ages.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bibeaux

Bibeaux NI Product Owner

I silently hope for a soon release of the X1 MK3 or X2 ❤

17. Qwert19

Qwert19 New Member

NI will probably end up giving us some x1mk1 orange edition and call it a celebration

• Like Like x 1
  18. hellnegative

LMFAO The orange Maschine made me reminisce about owning maschine. Then I remembered the issues it had with controlling external hardware and completely lost that nostalgia instantly.