Traktor Z1 - Audio Cable Query

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z1' started by Han2000, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

Hi,
    I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the set-up side of things so bear with me. I've just taken receipt of a Z1 controller and intend on connecting it to my macbook and a standard music system with Aux functionality.

What cable do I need and should it connect to the Music systems headphone jack or the RCA ports at the back i.e. the red and white ports?

Thanks.

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Believe it or not, your Z1 has RCA sockets at the back too.

3. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

Thanks, so would it be a 2 x RCA Phono to 2 x RCA Phono Cable Lead?

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

If you were connecting to a system that accepts RCA input then sure.

5. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

Thanks ill give it a go

6. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

OK, so managed to get an RCA to jack cable. RCA into the back of the Z1 and the Jack end into my music system and set to AUX, however nothing.

Can anybody tell me what my settings need to be in Traktor? I'm in output routing and have set my headphones to the ouput monitor and output master to the main left and right which im assuming is the music system. Still nothing coming out of the main speakers, can anybody help me pls?

Thanks.

7. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

what is your music system?

8. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

its a Panasonic SA-PM30MD Stereo System

9. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

Plug your Z1 to your laptop by using the USB cable provided by NI then it will light on, turn the cue vol and cue mix button to the centre on Z1 for your headphone. Select channel to 'Aux' using controls that allow you to switch between cd/tape/tuner/aux on your music system. For traktor pro 2.6.3 audio settings look at the images bellow!

Have a nice party! :)

Attached Files:

10. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

Thanks man, much appreciated. Thats exactly how i have it set-up but nothing.

I think I need an RCA which i connect to the back of the system into the L & R sockets i.e an RCA to RCA rather than an RCA to Jack. :(

11. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Where did you plug the Jack end of the cable into? What inputs does your stereo have on the back?

12. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

I think the AUX input port on your music system is RCA then you need both RCA male not RCA to jack.

13. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

I think your right! thanks

14. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

You are welcome, late us know if it is fixed!

15. Han2000

Han2000 New Member

Problem resolved, RCA to RCA was needed :)

16. Mok90

Mok90 New Member

I'm facing a similar problem, I'm not sure if the sound will work if I plug the jack side of my the red and white RCA into the AUX socket at the back of my speakers. I have a normal JBL pill speaker at home.

Will this work or do I need and RCA to RCA and a left and right speaker to connect to?