1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

transfering database

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by mrpud, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

Hi,

I'm gonna be getting the S4 soon and I've not used traktor in a while. But what it is that I wanna know is, if I put hot cues and so on, on my tracks and then decide later that I want to move my collection to another computer will I have any problems doing this?

More specifically, I've got an old mac book pro and I'm thinking of upgrading to a PC laptop, atm I use cdj900 and this isn't possible on the rekordbox software. I don't want to add my collection and make hot cues to then have to reset them when I get a new laptop.

Hope this all makes sense

thanks

2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Assuming you are using traktor to add the hotcue AND there is no problem writing to the file (ie Not write protected or have insufficient user rights) then all your hard work will be stored in the file itself and will move with the file when you copy to a new machine.

3. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

Hi Count Zero,
    Thanks for the reply, I thought Traktor worked using a database file system not that it writes to the mp3, glad I now know this as it means I can jump from computer to computer.

P.S. is there any problem using an external HDD?
    cheers

4. Count Zero

There are always a few things to be aware of with external drives. If you plug it in and comes up with a different drive letter than last time then traktor will not be able to find it's files. You will have to relocate them (consistency check etc)

You are limited by the port speed you connect the drive with. ie if a USB drive your max throughput is determined by the speed of the USB port.

If any cables get knocked out in the middle of a gig.

Other those things (and if you are aware you can always get around them) there is no reason for external not to work. Personally I would never recommend it (for all the above reasons)

5. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

thanks again for the reply, I think I'm gonna get a laptop with enough memory to hold all my mp3's. you've been a great help mate cheers

6. Count Zero

No Problem. Glad to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.