1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Transition from Virtual DJ to Traktor pro 2.5

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by CowsWithGuns, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CowsWithGuns

CowsWithGuns New Member

I have recently purchased a kontrol s2 and have thereby entered into the traktor universe. Traktor 2.5 is an incredible program but I do miss some features from virtual dj that i had access to before investing in the kontrol s2. Virtual DJ had a compatible songs "smart playlist" I guess you could call it. Whenever songs were added to it, it would analyse them and see how well they would work with one another. So the compatible songs playlist would change dynamically for each song that i played. Is there anything like that in traktor? The key information was also all analysed within Virtual DJ however from the little bit of research I have done you need to have a 3rd party application to do that for traktor. Which program would you recommend?
    Thanks so much for the help!:)

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

traktor does not have such a feature.

3. arkuuu

arkuuu NI Product Owner

for key analysis i would recommend the open source software "KeyFinder" http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/ (Mac&Win)

That playlist in vdj does only compare the keys und bpm. I know that it's a nice feature (smart playlists in general) but a bpm and key comparison is nothing you can't figure out on your own ;)

4. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Mixed in key is also a good tool. Need to pay for it though.

5. CowsWithGuns

CowsWithGuns New Member

True enough...haha thanks for the fast replies! Does key finder automatically write the key's to the id3 tags so that traktor can recognize them?

6. arkuuu

arkuuu NI Product Owner

it does, once you have set it up right. Here's a screenshot of its option window. Notice that if you want your Keys in Camelot Code, you have to fill in the "Custom Key Code" table as i did.

Attached Files:

7. CowsWithGuns

CowsWithGuns New Member

Thanks for the help! all of my key's are in traktor and ready to go. It's amazing what songs actually fit together..

8. RamakrishnanArun

RamakrishnanArun New Member

Much thanks!

I've just downloaded key finder and was trying to setup the codes. I have a basic knowledge of keys, i.e. C sharp is D flat and all that, but the minor major stuff really is more than I can handle.

Super thanks for posting this screenshot! Massive help, it is (as Yoda would say).