1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Trouble Understanding Loop Trigger Options in Massive X

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by mritt, Mar 15, 2020.

1. mritt

mritt NI Product Owner

Trying to understand exactly what the trigger functions loop gate and loop are doing in Massive x.

After reading the manual it would seem to me that the Loop setting would loop when the envelope reaches its end from a timed perspective (as you would hear in one shot trigger mode) while the Loop Gate would loop prematurely at the end of the sustain of the envelope.

But when I set the AMP to a long release and use the triggered envelope on an oscillator volume this is not the case. The Loop trigger does include the release like the manual says but it doesn’t seem to loop. Loop just holds at the sustain indefinitely, and Loop Gate just sustains until the key is released.

I can't get them to loop unless the sustain envelope goes to zero, which eliminates the need for loop vs loop gate as there is no release to be included. Can someone explain what I am missing, or give me a patch example in the synth to hear what is going on?

Also as a side note the manual includes a loop trigger option when talking about the AMP envelope on page 114 that is not available (I assume it was just copied and pasted here from the other envelope trigger pages) and should be cleaned up.

Thanks

2. DrEntropy

DrEntropy New Member

Came here looking for an answer to this question as well. As far as i can tell, Loop and Loopgate both loop the attack and decay stages, but only if the sustain is zero. If the sustain is non-zero, it does nothing. The only difference between the loop and the loopgate is that during release, in loop mode, the loop will continue after you release the key until the amp envelop goes to zero.. (The attack / decay loop that is). This does not seem match what the manual claims.