Turntable stop (break)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Kristof - Belgium, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Scoox

Scoox NI Product Owner

Would be nice if this was a dedicated parameter, rather than using an FX ... I mean, 4 FX units is not really a lot, and quite frankly I don't feel like using a whole FX slot unit just to get the turntable stop effect which should be built-in functionality of the Play button, like on CDJs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TroyMichael

TroyMichael Forum Member

Really good idea but like many other good ideas brought on by users NI will likely not take action on this.

3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

This has been requested before. NI are aware of the request - whether they act on it is anyone's guess.
    It would be a nice option to have the play button work in this way.

Karlos

• Like Like x 1
  4. DJDANDF

DJDANDF New Member

One of the few reasons I switched to VDJ.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Scoox

Scoox NI Product Owner

Looks like we are beating a dead horse. Honestly, they shouldn't have bothered with stems and all that jazz.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bohlrocka

bohlrocka New Member

+1
    I´m new to Traktor - it´s a shame this feature is missing.

7. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

8. Tommy Angelsnes

Tommy Angelsnes New Member

9. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

+1
    I would guess that this would be an easy option to add to the settings along with a brake adjust preference. You could turn it off so that the play/pause button behaves like it does at the moment or turn it on and have the ability to adjust the brake. Surely the more options the better; everyone is different so fine tweaks like this are great to personalise our setups. My old Stanton T120c decks have a brake adjust and I bought them circa 2005 so surely 15 years later this can be implemented into Traktor.

10. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

The hard part is doing the effect while stopping the track. If the track stops first, no sound is actually sent to the effect.

Stewe solved this with an external program (loopMidi) to emulate timers, in order to first do the effect and later stop the track.
    A further complication is that disengaging the FX produces unwanted stray sound left in the buffer. This is avoided with an additional dry+wet plus its own timer.
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/9325

I'm currently implementing the same ideas in BOME for my DDJ-1000 mapping.