Tutorial series on sequencing in Reaktor

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by ~Pd~, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Pd~

~Pd~ NI Product Owner

Here is a series of short articles (and a couple of screencasts) describing the structure of a simple value-sequencer in Reaktor. The sequencer can be used to drive percussion, to modulate values like an LFO or can even be modified to hold pitch data. I recently added the final article in the series, so here are the installments in order.

Part 1 - introduction
    Part 2 - the X+ module
    Part 3 - the event table
    Part 4 - the snap array
    Part 5 - the mouse area

I think it's a pretty good introduction to wrangling events on the primary level in Reaktor. Some people have jumped right in and started building with the sequencer macro.

Also check out the clock demo to get a handle on how the clock macro drives the sequencer.

Hope this is helpful!

2. ZooTooK

ZooTooK NI Product Owner

Thank you soo much for your efforts creating these!

3. aitheterrible

aitheterrible NI Product Owner

yeah, thanks peter! these have been invaluable...

4. haris

haris NI Product Owner

wow, thanks ... !

5. theologiae

theologiae NI Product Owner

you have my vote for reaktor user of the year!

6. spencerTron

spencerTron NI Product Owner

thanks for doin this :)

7. gzifcak

gzifcak Forum Member

wow, for some reason these are syncing in ableton live! i've never gotten my own sequencers (very similar designs based on the event table tutorial) to get even close to syncing. maybe it's just that i haven't tried since the latest updates. in any case, thanks!

8. ~Pd~

~Pd~ NI Product Owner

Thanks for checking it out, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

gzifcak - really? Oddly enough I didn't test this in Live at all. I'll have to install it again and test this in it.

9. gzifcak

gzifcak Forum Member

also, really nice mixer in that ensemble. i love the visual xy pan/level control.

you made freshmaker, right? i'm just starting to notice all of your contributions that i've really benefitted from. freshmaker is a great tool, i'm about to try to synchronize it. also i like your color schemes a lot. i think fun interfaces make a huge difference.

10. ~Pd~

~Pd~ NI Product Owner

Yeah I made freshmaker. I deliberately didn't quantize the sequence length because I like things to drift organically when you have a few of them going at the same time. But it's pretty easy to mod it to have a definite sequence length. Let me know how that turns out. I will be touching on freshmaker in an upcoming screencast.

If you like the color schemes you can copy them from one instrument to another using the "save as custom" and "set to custom" instrument properties.

11. jhinden

jhinden NI Product Owner

thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.