1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Two instances of KOMPLETE 12 SELECT for HW - if I upgrade to full Komplete, which one will be used?

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by whymars, Sep 17, 2020.

1. whymars

whymars New Member

Hello, I have two copies of KOMPLETE 12 SELECT listed in my account, thanks to having two bits of hardware with it included. One of those bits is a Maschine Mk3 that I'm selling, and the license is currently ready for transfer. The site tells me that it's "been removed from your account and are ready for transfer!". It's still listed in the main list.

First one is part of MASCHINE MK3 HW, which is the license I'm transferring when it sells.
    Second one is part of KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW which I just bought in order to get a version of Maschine.

Now, I've ALSO got an upgrade to full Komplete 12 (from Select) ready to go, but I don't want to activate it if it's going to attach itself to the instance of Komplete Select that I want to sell. I also don't want to register it, then transfer the Mk3 license, and have it take away my full Komplete 12 because they've been combined somehow!

Is that something that can happen? I can't really find any information about the relationship between base products and upgrades so would really appreciate a clue.

w

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

From what I understand the upgrade does not "Attach" itself to a specific license, but just looks for at least one qualifying license when doing the upgrade. So if you have 2 Select Licenses and you sell 1, you still have one active in your account that would satisfy the upgrade license.

If you want an "Official answer, I would suggest using the Chat feature located here, https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092577 to speak with a rep at NI...

• Like Like x 2
  3. victorp.sg

victorp.sg NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Just what Blindeddie said. The upgrade doesn't not link to a specific Komplete 12 Select in your case. It would simply scan for a compatible base product and stay activated as long as there is one in your account.

Also just like victorp.sg suggested, whenever you transfer a Maschine MK3, you keep the additional software and so you wouldn't have any issue here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. whymars

whymars New Member

Oh! Thank you very much for your fast help Blindeddie, Victorp and Matt. That's really good news and gives me the confidence to plug that little drive in today. I will be Kontakting before the night is done!

Victorp those other threads answer my follow-up questions perfects, thank you for taking the time to dig them out, much appreciated!

I expect I didn't need to actually buy this M32 and the Komplete Select upgrade then? Well it's a lovely unit anyway and I need some knobs. I'm going to pretend I meant to do that.

Thanks again, that's dead helpful, I expected tumbleweed :)

w

• Like Like x 1