1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Uninstalled NKS instruments still in Maschine library/browser

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Captain Blasto, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

I did a 3 day trial of the V Collection 7 from Arturia, and decided not to move forward with a purchase.

I uninstalled all of the plugins via Arturia Software Center. I also trashed the folders in Library>Arturia and the plugin files themselves.

I’ve rescanned my Maschine library and plugins numerous times and restarted my Mac, but all the instruments still show in the browser. Curiously, all the preset previews still play as well.

Right clicking a preset and choosing “Find in Finder” does nothing, however, since there is no more file path.

How do I completely nuke these NKS instruments from my browser?

2. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

On Windows all references to NKS are in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments. Sometimes these don't get deleted when uninstalling stuff and then Maschine and Komplete Kontrol keep showing all the presets.
    I had this issue with U-He Satin a while ago and after deleting the Satin subkey in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments Maschine and KK no longer showed the presets.

No idea about Mac, I'm sure other people here can help with that.

3. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Okay, I found it by looking for the Mac equivalent of this folder online. For anyone else wondering, you can just delete all of the relevant .plist files in

Library>Preferences. Anything with "Native Instruments" in the name followed by your plugin name is what you're looking to trash. Did this, opened Maschine, and I'm good to go.

Thanks! Marking this solved.

• Like Like x 1