1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

"Unknown Format" error message

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Bassrydah, May 13, 2012.

1. Bassrydah

Bassrydah New Member

I've been getting this alot lately when trying to add a new track to my collection. Most of the tracks that do this are iTunes purchases. At the same time, many of my iTunes purchases had no problem being added. Anyone know the cause/resolution of this?

Thanks

2. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

what format are your song in ? .MP3 .M4A ? iTunes generally download in .m4a, The best for compatibility is mp3. Try converting a few songs to mp3 and delete the original .m4a file, see if Traktor likes those tracks better.

3. Bassrydah

Bassrydah New Member

M4a's are no problem. What I discovered is all the tracks from the iTunes store that can't be added are m4p's. Under file kind it says Protected ACC Audio File rather then Purchased ACC Audio File. The one's that say purchased work fine and can also be converted to mp3. The protected files cannot be converted in iTunes. They have some sort of encryption on them. I'm gonna have to find a way to remove the encryption or convert.

4. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

yeah, as documented in the manual, DRMed audio doesn't work.

tbh, DRM is a pain-in-the-ass. if i were you, i'd just upgrade the tracks to DRM-free. apple has some kind of offer that allows you to do the upgrade for a small fee. (not 100% sure the offer still stands.) as an added benefit, the DRM-free tracks will be of higher fidelity than the DRM-ed ones.

5. Bassrydah

Bassrydah New Member

In case you're interested, if you click in iTunes Plus listed on the right side in the iTunes store, it will list every track you've ever bought (including ones you may have deleted in the past) and gives you the option to upgrade to a 256 DRM-free version. It will automatically replace the old version, including in playlists. Alot better then repurchasing everything. And m4a's seem to work fine.

6. mark3motley

mark3motley New Member

I am having the same issue with 3 of my songs. I cannot find iTunes Plus however....

I do see Purchased, but there are no options.

7. beckman2007

beckman2007 Forum Member

You could try something like TotalMounter to create a virtual cd that you can burn to

8. Bartech

Bartech New Member

For me its been hell since a few days. I always use FLAC files and now I cant upload anything. Not working on Traktor 2 and not on Traktor 3 either. All of mu bought files that I paid for are simply unknown format for some unknown reason. Thumbs down. Also I am not using anything by Apple. I buy music on bandcamp and it always worked fine until now.