1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming in Massive X 1.1

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Ville Virtanen

Ville Virtanen New Member

I'm not sure if everyone else has the same preset issue, but I'd like this fixed first and foremost: I open Massive X in Logic, select a sound, mess with it or not, but save the project, then close Logic, then start the project again and while the sound is how I left it, the name has reset and I can't know if I saved an un-altered preset or a heavily tweaked one, and also when all the MX patch names are the same init - emptiness, it's really hard to tell them apart visually, which becomes a bitch of a job whenever you have more than 1-2 instances in one project.

Dark mode looks nice and animated envelopes are a must (should've been there from v1.0) and bug fixes are of course generally always great!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Absolutely the thing with the names is annoying hope it gets fixed soon too.

Uwe

3. Nikal Might

Nikal Might NI Product Owner

I have the same issue in Windows. I need to know what the preset is I'm tweaking, and the name resetting is really annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SM313

SM313 NI Product Owner

When is this update coming? I want the all black right now!!!

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

When it's ready :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Waiting 2 years again?

7. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

?? presets are boring..

Dark mode & envelopes animation were exactly the two things that made me pass on this synth, when this update is out i'll give it a serious try :D

8. Heinrich Zwahlen

Heinrich Zwahlen New Member

Great, that animation was badly needed. As someone who teaches Massive X at an NY music school I find it harder (compared to Massive envelopes) to explain to beginners what's actually happening here:). On that note: we need a way to temporarily bypass modulation destinations with option click (like in Massive) without actually loosing the modulation range we had set before.
    Loving the dark look already, maybe mid dark should also be an option.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SM313

SM313 NI Product Owner

Does the update come with a better moderator?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. EvilDragon

Absolutely not ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dencheg

Dencheg New Member

Guys, any chance to see mouse wheel support in the upcoming update? Mouse wheel - it's soooo simple,
    it's no arcane DSP and no Zero Delay Filters, it's just a mouse wheel :) Come on guys

• Like Like x 2
  13. oxident

oxident NI Product Owner

Takes too many CPU on my MAC i5 with 8GB of RAM. Some CPU performance settings will be nice, even if you have to bring sound quality down a bit...

14. EvilDragon

Personally I don't think that's going to happen. MX already uses AVX instructions to greatly reduce CPU load, and internally it always runs at 88.2k, all the DSP is optimized to run at that SR...

15. pietw

pietw New Member

Will it be possible to import your own wavetables?

16. EvilDragon

If it's not mentioned in the first post, it's not on the table. Pun intended.

17. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Just WOW! Looking forward to the update. Sorry, but I hope the GUI flicker issue is also resolved. :)

18. Lars Daniel Terkelsen

Lars Daniel Terkelsen NI Product Owner

In general, more visual feedback would be awesome. Like I have heard about synths, that had a little LED showing the speed on an LFO. ;-)

On the more advanced side of wishes: That a modulated knob would show the actual modulation going on, and not just the set amounts. Check out how Cypher2 has implemented it. It is really wonderful to work with, and this kind of visual feedback is exactly where softsynths can be superior to hardware.

• Like Like x 2
  19. EvilDragon

Of course such visual feedback makes absolutely no sense with moderately fast modulations (anything above 20 Hz).

20. Lars Daniel Terkelsen

Lars Daniel Terkelsen NI Product Owner

Sure thing. I suppose one would make a roll-off filter so it would leave faster modulation alone. But if you are working with modulations in the low frequency range, it can be a wonderful feature to have.

• Like Like x 2