1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming patch: Version 1.2.3

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Darrien, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrien

Darrien NI Product Owner

It says:

I would really like to know more about the fixes ;-)

2. Ali

Ali NI Product Owner

Will we finally be able to adjust the pitch fader range on the fly?
    That's what I've been waiting for for ages.

3. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Yes you will be able to set the range directly from the controller.

4. Thomas @ NI

We will have a list of these in time for the release.

5. Dj Tomek

Dj Tomek NI Product Owner

* Native zero-configuration support *

What does this mean? What does it do?

6. Ali

Ali NI Product Owner

Sounds like you needn't map the MIDI-commands so you can use it straight out of the box, pretty much like Serato Itch.

7. Thomas @ NI

It's basically HID support with hotplugging, auto configuration and deck selection directly from the hardware. You can still fully customize the assignements though.

8. ZILCH

ZILCH NI Product Owner

Does it mean we now can scratch with the cdj400s with zero latency in hid? Up to Version 1.2.2 it is pretty much impossible to scratch on them (i still use timecode CDs with audio4 djs) I really hope to see cdj-400 native mode similiar to the one they offer in scratch live (plug in cdj400, choose left/right deck, and start jamming right away~ minimum latency and in vinyl mode jogwheels are scratchable)

9. trat

trat Forum Member

I hope they will add a good time stretching algorithm as well. Current one sounds so bad. My 2006 MBP only sweats like 30% CPU when running 4 decks and all trickery on it: give me some proper, NASA-quality keylock algorithm!

10. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Keylock fine here

11. trat

trat Forum Member

No it isn't.

Above a +/-3% pitch difference, you clearly hear things are becoming dull start to fall apart. If this happened with a decrease in pitch, I can understand, but with a increase: no good. My Serato sounded better at more than double those figures.

12. dj_walshyboy

dj_walshyboy NI Product Owner

same here..

13. Rasmuffin

Rasmuffin NI Product Owner

It's the same algorithm as Ableton Live 8. And since NI is paying for this Z-Plane license I don't think they are developing their own, but who knows.

14. trat

trat Forum Member

Could be the same, but I never use the Pro mode in Ableton: sounds crap to me and I don't know anyone who uses it professionally. Only use the normal complex mode. One could argue that on some aspects, the Pro mode sounds better. But musically, it really doesn't. Same goes for the mode TP uses - it just doesn't cut it.

15. pepehouse

pepehouse Account Suspended

I just leave Ableton on repitch mode and never use the keylock in Traktor, they must be the same because both algorithms suck.

16. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Absolutely no problems here on my 2007 MBP or my new MBP.
    Zero issues. Timestretching sounds fine.

17. diogo_semedo

diogo_semedo NI Product Owner

Are in the varoius fixes PROPER cdj cueing as working in cd mode?

18. mest42085

mest42085 NI Product Owner

Ya, same here here. My biggest beef with the software ATM is the inaccurate cueing with CDJ 1000s. Fix this, and when I buy my X1 i'll b in heaven.

19. SeanMF83

SeanMF83 Forum Member

There are a couple issues still remaining with tag editing...

When doing a mass edit (more than one file), if you click a common field that was checked and then somewhere else (which unchecks the checkbox), the field content is deleted. (i.e. you edit a CD album with the same album name. Click on the album and then realize you didn't need to check it and click somewhere else. The box will uncheck and the album field will be clear on all tags.)

Another bummer (especially because of one of the reasons for this patch), you can't sort the "Analyzed" field anymore. I think it is just sorting the 3 states and doesn't continue and sort based on autogain levels. Since I have ~70K songs, I wanted to sort for all with +0.0 gains to re-analyze just those (since they likely were the problem ones.) No luck this way! So here comes a 2-day mass-analyze!

They fixed the issue when dragging a song to a playlist so that it returns to the same place (thank goodness!) However, they didn't do the same fix for hotkey adding to a playlist (bummer!)

Still an issue were duplicate filenames can occur on PC based systems due to PCs in-sensitivity to filename case and Traktors half/half sensitivity (import function is case sensitive to new file names but not when comparing to current ones.) The issue can also happen when doing a "relocate" (and if it thinks it found it earlier, it will over-write that file's ID3... bad!)

I'm sure I'll find/think or more later, but those are the big ones.
    ---
    Yep, remembered another rather annoying bug...

The search box isn't 100%! Where I noticed this most recently was when searching for a directory. For example, one of my sub-directories in my main MP3 folder is called "\!digital pool\" with all my record pool tracks. I used to search for "!digital" and pull up all of those tracks. Right now, its hit and miss! Some show up (when they feel like it) depending on case, if i ask really nicely, etc..

To answer some basic questions:
    - Yes, I'm in the track collection
    - Yes, I have "all" selected for search locations (but "filename" should work too and doesn't)
    - Yes, the files are in my collection
    ---
    And yet another issue found...

When analyzing tracks, I get an error every not an then stating that the transisents can't be found for BPM detection and to analyze tracks first...

However, I am analyzing and NOT detecting BPM.

20. Baddist

Baddist Forum Member

I would totally have to agree with you about the searching, I just wrote a thread about. Traktor use to search the folder directory and now it doesn't and that what I loved about the search option. It also doesnt search the release date fields. I also been having problems with the search fields changing by itself. I thought I was the only one that noticed the search doesnt work right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.