1. Hi everyone,

This forum is now closed for posting! If you require technical support from NI or have a questions about activating your product, please head over to our new Support Community!

NATIVE INSTRUMENT SUPPORT COMMUNITY

The Support Community is the new location where you can expect to receive assistance and feedback on technical support, sales or installation issues from our Support Agents and other users.

Please also note, questions about the status of an order should always be directly sent to our Order Support team HERE.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

2. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Update 3.0.6 installation is not working, beware |||

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation (Archive)' started by gkruse, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkruse

gkruse NI Product Owner

Started with the download of the update version 3.0.6.
    Installed it.
    It said that the existing versions would be deleted. It did that and then nothing ! no installation following.
    So, I installed from disk again
    Completed that and made the software center re download (to be sure) the update 3.0.6 which it did.
    Then ran the update
    After a while I get the message that the files were not found at the "expected" location and everything stops.
    Now I have nothing ! to play on

Gerard
    (Aus p5q pro, vista ultimate 64, q6600)

2. parma

parma NI Product Owner

I too had problems with the installation - it didn't install anything! After running the installer I went to open Battery and it was still 3.0.5.whatever. I had to manually extract the app and plugins from the installer package (show package contents).

:S

I'm on a Mac Pro running 10.5.8

3. adl09

adl09 New Member

Yup, same problem here, with Win XP SP3 :-(

I do get this message:

Attached Files:

4. gkruse

gkruse NI Product Owner

Malfunctioning of the installation of the update after complete re-installation of B3 appeared to be due to the MacAfee virusscanner/firewall detecting a trojan horse in the Battery 3 exe installation from DVD. The McAfee removed the exe therefore and the update could not find the B3 exe. So after closing the internet connection, shutting down the firewall etc I could install the update. Battery 3 306 is working now here.

The strange behaviour at the first attemopt to install the update, when it just removed Battery 3 completely and did nothing further, was not repeated in the later attempts.

Gerard

5. adl

adl NI Product Owner

Hm, deactivating kaspersky antivirus doesn´t change anything, i still get the error message i posted above :-(

Any help please!

6. rbh

rbh Forum Member

I have no anti virus on my daw. I downloaded the update via my online computer, transferred it to a flash drive copied the zip file to my daw and extracted it into the original install directory for Battery. Attempting to install I get a message that " THE APPLICATION CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE ORIGINAL STORED DIRECTORY" same as the message that ADL09 has attached. This file is an install exe.file and it's file name has not been changed via CA security suite that I used to download the original update. Am I to assume that this is requires a full re-install of the original 3.0.3 product then update to 3.0.4 then update to 3.0.6 ? plus NI add on kits? That is a ridiculous scenario. I'm trying to install from my original directory that has a full install log and service center... Everything has been a clean install up to this point and I'm not comfortable starting from scratch and having to chance re-organize all my libraries and custom samples and patches.
    Can someone from NI please weight in on this and clearify how update! This has been in beta for weeks. The update process should be fairly painless at this point.

7. parma

parma NI Product Owner

Just wanted to add that I too do not have any anti-virus software. My problem seems a bit different to others - I get no error or warning message. Instead, the installer seems to run fine but it does not actually install anything! The app and plugins remained at 3.0.5. I had to go digging into the installer package to extract them and "install" them myself.

8. Cairns

Cairns Forum Member

DAmn.. I'm in the same boat.. Come on NI

9. adl09

adl09 New Member

At least i am not the only one...

10. gkephart

gkephart New Member

Same problem here on Win XP SP3 (files not found in expected location)..

11. CShorte

CShorte NI Product Owner

Same problem here with Mac OSX 10.5.8 ... original location is a Battery 3 folder in my Applications Folder.

12. gs-dk

gs-dk NI Product Owner

10.6.1 - same problem....

13. daveporter

daveporter NI Product Owner

I had no problems with the Battery 3.0.6 update with Mac OSX 10.6.1. Everything went as it should.

However, when I opened up the Service Center application to download the Battery update Service Center reported that I had 3 programs to Authorize which was not correct. So after I downloaded the Battery update I just shut down the Service Center application. When I tested the three programs (Garritan Personal Orchestra, Komplete 4 and Electric Piano they all worked fine. It appears that Service Center is not working correctly.

14. gs-dk

gs-dk NI Product Owner

Unfortunately no luck here!

15. rvalverde

rvalverde Forum Member

Mmm I'm going to wait then...

16. timemist

timemist NI Product Owner

I get the same message. I'm on OSX 10.5.8 running Battery 3.04

Very odd.

17. Cairns

Cairns Forum Member

Okay.. I got mine up and running finally

18. lordtoranaga

lordtoranaga NI Product Owner

i installed the plugs manually, with no problem.
    The installer did not work.

os 10.5.8

19. adl

adl NI Product Owner

Hm, Anybody else having probs on windows?

Cause i had no luck installing.

20. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Hi all,

I've scanned through all the reports in this thread and it appears there might be multiple causes (or possibly a bug or two) here. In an effort to help you all, let me suggest the following, in this order:

1) Uninstall Battery completely from your system by running the original (un)installer.
    2) Reinstall Battery 3.0 from your DVD.
    3) Apply the new 3.0.6 update.

I'm pretty sure that will fix most of the problems above. It's likely that something in the public beta may have confused some of your computers.

If it does not, please post a message in this forum but start a new thread for it including all your system details. That way it can be addressed specifically.

Alternatively you may also call NI customer service on the phone. They can also provide personalized attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.