1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Update from Kontakt 5 to Kontakt 6

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by T.S., Jun 18, 2019.

1. T.S.

T.S. NI Product Owner

What is the cost to go from Kontakt 5 to Kontakt 6?

Sorry for the double post, I had a hard time logging in and got confused.:confused:

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

3. T.S.

T.S. NI Product Owner

Thanks David, what confuses me is that it say "If you have Kontakt 2". So I should assume it's Kontak 2 and above?

Basically $49.

Reagarding Komplete, I've already go Komplete 11ultimate.

4. David Das

I believe so. This being NI's automated system, I don't think it will let you check out unless you qualify for the upgrade. (I can't try it myself, since I already have Kontakt 6.)

5. David Das

6. T.S.

T.S. NI Product Owner

Okay thanks David. It says $49.50 for an update, does that sound correct?

7. T.S.

T.S. NI Product Owner

I did checkout Komplete 12 and there's really nothing there I can use.

Okay I'll git it a try, assuming I will get the full version of K6.

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yeah you will.

9. stmusicmusic

stmusicmusic New Member

Hello, I had also hard time with login in and confused about upgrading Kontakt 6.
    I just bought a new VST-library which needs K6 and I've already bought the Full Kontakt 5 & numerous crossgrade libraries (Heavyocity's products etc.).
    So how can I upgrade K6 and will this cost something ?

I'm not using any features of K5 and the only reason for upgrading to get the newest VST libraries work.

10. EvilDragon

K6 upgrade does require payment. But if the K6 library you bought is a Kontakt Player library, you can just download the free Kontakt 6 Player and it will work.

11. stmusicmusic

stmusicmusic New Member

How can I upgrade the crossgrade version of the full K6 library (my new library is not working with free K6) ?
    I thought that paid the full price 399€ once will have enough to get the upcoming updates.

12. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

You €399 was for Kontakt 5 (full edition) wasn't it? That gives all updates to Kontakt 5. But, think of Kontakt 6 as a separate product.

Kontakt 6 would be an upgrade (although it is shown on the Kontakt 6 Pricing page as an Update) and would need some payment.(€89?) and you get all updates to Kontakt 6.

13. stmusicmusic

stmusicmusic New Member

Okay, good to know.
    How can I get that $49.50 price which has been told before in this message chain ?

14. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

15. stmusicmusic

stmusicmusic New Member

Hi, I joined into your email list and now the Black Friday is coming with sales.
    How could I get my Full Kontakt 6 crossgade upgrade for that $49.50?
    Thank you.

16. EvilDragon

Not every sale is going to be on crossgrades. :)

17. stmusicmusic

stmusicmusic New Member

I understand but have there been any crossgrade sales in 2020?

18. EvilDragon

TBH I don't remember. I don't think there were? And even if they were they wouldn't repeat the same sale twice a year.

19. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

We had an offer on our crossgrades/upgrades and updates this summer already actually.

20. stmusicmusic

stmusicmusic New Member

Okay, that's strange. I have read every week your NI newslatter in 2020 and waited for a moment to get the upgrade at $49.50 during these challenging Covid-times. However it seems that I missed it :/