1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Update Maschine 2.12.0 has arrived.

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by René must be Unique, Sep 30, 2020.

1. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Mick @ NI

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. larserik

larserik NI Product Owner

Retorical question: So how do I do all this from the hardware controller?

5. Mick @ NI

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. djadonis206

djadonis206 NI Product Owner

So with Clips. Can I jam several clips for several minutes and it’ll record my jam session? Curious.

I asked the same question over on Elektronauts, fyi

7. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

Looks good. I’m not at home so can’t test it. But this means you can now create “clip fills” and place them anywhere you want, replacing any part of any pattern in the timeline?
    This can result in really cool stuff I’m sure. If you create a little empty short clip, say with a length of a 1/16th note, you can add gates quickly and tons of other little unique details to a skeleton loop. Love it. This is brilliant.

Does it mute the audio of a pattern? Or does it disable MIDI notes? Meaning; what will happen if the replacing clip ends? Does it re engage the audio? (As in mute - unmute) Or does it wait for a new note?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

i looked just a minute ago, in native access, now installing...

9. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

According to the addendum there is no way to convert a single pattern into a clip from the hardware. Is that correct?

Also: shift+restart opens up a way to convert patterns within the loop brace into clips, question about that: wasn't that a shortcut for something else before? Forgot what it was right now.

Finally: will there be a way to switch focus between editing clips and patterns from the hardware? There is nothing in the addendum right now (although I thought that shift+pattern/pattern would basically switch focus...?)

10. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

Switching between song/idea mode will switch focus of editing clips vs. patterns on the hardware.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

Thanks for the reply. That should probably find its way into the manual

12. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

A tone deaf release. I appreciate the improvements but we'd like to record a linear audio track.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  13. hoserjose

hoserjose NI Product Owner

Wanna get in a feel er up, but im shook to get the clap. Any bad suprises out there so far?

• Like Like x 2
  14. nodoze123

nodoze123 NI Product Owner

Lol!!!!

15. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

IMHO this is like a proof of concept release and it will be interesting to see just how far this develops... I just pray they don't keep the darkening for patterns as I find it reads terribly.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jeremy E Shaw

Jeremy E Shaw NI Product Owner

Welp, like with the last 3 updates Ive received for maschine2, kontakt, etc, one of the components failed to install. I believe this is all related to the very first use of the NI software removal tool, which busted something in the windows registry that each additional update has not accounted for. I had to use this removal tool because kontakt randomly started crashing after bought the K12 ultimate upgrade and reinstalling it did not help.

This time, Hybrid Keys failed to update due to "failed to remove previous installation", as before. Fortunately I still have the NI uninstall tool from support, and I will use that to manually remove/reinstall Hybrid Keys, and then I will post here to confirm that all is well, or not.

EDIT: using the NI removal tool worked, once again. Hybrid Keys is updated, and all is well in my environment. Now to play with clip mode!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  17. KingKrog

KingKrog NI Product Owner

Isn't this exactly what this new feature allows you to do? With a clip (using the audio module) that spans the whole length of the song (or whatever part you want)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Michael Arthur Holloway

Michael Arthur Holloway NI Product Owner

(note: I'm on Mk3 hardware) Does anyone know how to get *out* of the Clip mode on the hardware, once you've entered it by pressing Shift + Pattern? I want to just get back to 'standard' Pattern mode, but after doing shift + Pattern once, every subsequent press of "Pattern" by itself just takes me back to the Clip page, and I can't seem to get to the Pattern page again.....

Surely I'm just missing some new button combo?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. themixtape

themixtape NI Product Owner

This confused the hell out of me at first. It's a little quirky. But, patterns are largely editable more so in Ideas View, than Song View. You can toggle between editing Scenes (Section) or Clips, by hitting the Arranger button (on MK3) and switching between Section and Clip (button 1 and 2). As far as toggling Pattern / Clip via the Pattern button itself (or SHIFT+Pattern), I don't think this is possible.

20. djadonis206

djadonis206 NI Product Owner

I wasn't able to make a clip and then play it live and have the arranger record it. Basically, clips don't loop. It's like a 1-shot.

You cant jam a session with the patterns and record them into the arranger. You essentially have to append them in.

I could be wrong though. I've only played with the update for about 20 minutes.

Also, this update is not tone deaf

• Funny Funny x 1