1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Update/upgrade For Reaktor Session

Discussion in 'REAKTOR SESSION' started by walter17, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walter17

walter17 New Member

Will there be any reaktor session 2 or any special plan of upgrade from session to reaktor 5 ?

Thanks in Advance

Walter-Brazil

2. herw

herw NI Product Owner

yes have a look to the video
    R5 Demo

ciao herw

3. Logicuser

Logicuser NI Product Owner

i asked yesterday at the musikmesse, and they said that no session update/reaktor session is planned yet :(

andreas

4. aqaraza

aqaraza NI Product Owner

i really do hope they update RS to 5. RS fills a different niche from R, and it is an important one. then again, presumably they make such decisions based on sales; but i'd be fairly shocked to find out that RS had not done well enough to continue. i know that, if i had had to plunge in to Reaktor itself, with its cost, i wld not be a Reaktor user today... i am sure i am not alone.

- aqaraza

5. Eto Ami

Eto Ami NI Product Owner

v5 User Library

If Reaktor Session isn't updated, will new User Library creations, built in Reaktor 5, therefore be unavailable to Session owners?

6. Logicuser

right. can't imagine somtheing else because of new modules and stuff like that.

7. Proaktornation

Proaktornation NI Product Owner

Reaktor Session upgrade deal?

NI seem to be trying to create a captive market with their deals for Komplete 2 etc Session users are being squeezed out by the look of things.

I suspect that the cost of Reaktor 5 (if it ever appears) will be aimed at getting you all to buy into the Komplete 2 package or Reaktor 5 itself.

I'm looking at the new SYNTHMAKER software. Far cheaper and probably more versatile than Reaktor 5.

8. ecamburn

ecamburn NI Product Owner

Like others, I hope that NI either creates a "session" version for R5 or offers a competitive upgrade for session owners. I'm sure our numbers pale in comparison to Reaktor owners, but I can't imagine there isn't a real market out there for the session product. Hey, I market session every chance I get on other forums because the product has tremendous value for me.

Keep us in mind NI!

eric

9. gmstudio

gmstudio NI Product Owner

You would have thought that us Dynamo users would have learned from the reaming that NI gave us when they abandoned that.

Shame on us for sticking with them.

If RS isn't R5 compatible, I'm done with NI for good.

10. aqaraza

aqaraza NI Product Owner

bump.

i wld really like to hear some words thrown at this. what upgrade paths will exist [do exist?] if an R5 Session is not planned? this, at the very least, is a question worth answering. i am willing to make the jump if an upgrade path exists.

- aqaraza

11. sluggo

sluggo NI Product Owner

go here and click on "pricing, release info" in the top left corner:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?reaktor5_us

In summary, Reaktor Sessions will not be developed anymore. RS users can upgrade to Reaktor 5 for $169, which is the same as R3/R4 upgrade to R5.

Is this good or bad? Probably not too bad at all. Surely a RS upgrade would have cost $100 anyways. So if you were planning on upgrading to RS5, the con is that you have spend approximately $70 more than anticipated (and will continue to be in the more expensive upgrade paths) and the pro is that you actually get the flagship product with future expandibility and faster releases.

I'm 50/50 on whether I'd upgrade but I will say this. I don't begrudge NI for dropping RS in favour of cheap upgrade pricing to R5. I don't expect a software company to continually develop all of their products, so I can accept their decision as both good business and a good offer for current RS owners.

s

12. aqaraza

aqaraza NI Product Owner

Sluggo; i agree with you. i am impressed and pleased by NI's move on this count, in terms of the extremely progressive upgrade pricing. it shows, no matter our frustrations, that someone there realized that RS4 userd were also Reaktor enthusiasts, simply on a different level; and that they care about getting us along with everyone else on the path towards greater things via R5.

i will be upgrading, and i am proud of NI for making this offer. since RS4 had cost less, i imagine there's even some controversy on the R4 side about the move; but the goodwill to come of it, and benefits of unifying the Reaktor community, are well worth it.

thanks, NI.

- aqaraza

13. Montana

Montana NI Product Owner

how long does that upgrade offer stand for? I may have to wait a bit due to some fun bills.

14. Logicuser

31th of august.

and i think that's a good offer, although i don't really have the money at the moment. ;)

andreas

15. Montana

Montana NI Product Owner

do you guys think R5 will work on win2k sp4?

16. herw

herw NI Product Owner

sorry i can not answer as mac user but i think it will be a good idea to ask this in the Reaktor forum.
    ciao herw

17. pierrot

pierrot NI Product Owner

I also think the deal is fair enough althrough I'm not sure I'll make the upgrade: As long as you don't use Reaktor for its building capabilities, the question is: How many synths & effects plug-ins do you really need to use? I already dowloaded a lot of really interesting ensembles I barely had the opportunity to make a sound with...

On the other hand, there is no way I regret having bought RS 'cause some of its instruments or effects are must have for me. As a matter of fact, as I just moved to logic 7 on OS 10.4.1, RS and Pluggo are the only third-party components I kept from my previous set-up ( Logic 4.8 on Os 9). By the way, everything works fine between RS and OS 10.4.1, as far as I'm concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.